Class A South final: Scarborough 49, Thornton Academy 7

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Class A State Championship game - Friday night @ Scarbor

Postby 85Champs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Congrats to Scarborough and good luck against Windham next week. Storm were dominant in this one in all phases of the game. They definitely have improved as the season went on. They were my pre-season #1 team and have lived up to the hype. I thought TA would be 6-2 and lose in the regional semis so they out performed my expectations.

I don't know what the deal is with Mitchell. I had read he was back at practice this week. I don't think it would have mattered tonight but he wasn't even suited up unless I missed something.
85Champs

Postby TAallday » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Long and complicated story on Mitchell. He was not suited up. Hopefully he can be back next season for the Trojans.

Scarborough was excellent tonight.
TAallday

Postby rock33 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Teams win games based on who controls the line of scrimmage. Scarborough dominated tonight. TA could not get going because Scarborough was all over the field. TA had a great season and the future looks promising for this program. Congrats to players and coaches. Job well done. To the Storm players, stay hungry boys. One more game and you'll be hoisting the gold ball. Best of luck next week against Windham.
rock33

Postby rock33 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:20 pm

miked wrote:
mainebasketballguy2 wrote:Personally, I think on paper, Scarborough should win. They have the experience at the key positions and depth throughout their roster on both sides of the ball. This is the year they've been banking on. TA has a great roster also, just doesn't have the depth it has had for the past few years. They have 2 gamechanging playmakers, but overall do not seem to match up. But.........you have to factor in a couple things. First, coaching. Advantage TA, and it's not even close and no one will tell me anything different. This is not a knock on the Scarborough coaches, just a confirmation of the experience on the TA sideline. And of course, Scarborough has the pressure of trying to beat their rival, and that was VERY evident in the first game. Having their starting center back will eliminate what seemed like an endless wave of poor snaps for the Storm in the last game, and could very well make the difference tomorrow night. Will Scarborough tighten up if the game is close? Will the weather have an impact? I think we could have another slugfest on our hands, but something tells me the Red Storm will get over the hump in a close game, but will pull away late.

Not so much. The Red Storm coaching staff dominated TA in this match up. Scarborough never let TA off the mat. One of the most lopsided finals game in recent history and in every aspect of the game. It was awesome to see

So much contempt for high school football players.You're a class act Miked.
rock33

Postby rock33 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:27 pm

TAallday wrote:Long and complicated story on Mitchell. He was not suited up. Hopefully he can be back next season for the Trojans.

Scarborough was excellent tonight.

Long... yes, complicated...not really.
rock33

Postby TAallday » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Rock, it is a complicated situations. By that, I️ mean that they’re are many people involved and various institutional things at play too. It’s a complex situation for sure.

Here’s to hoping that all involved find their best possible outcome. No room in this world for wishing I’ll on folks, no matter what.
TAallday

Postby HolidayInn » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:48 pm

Congratulations to Scarborough. Not the same team we saw earlier in season. Clearly focused and on a mission. Never let up. Didn’t matter who was on field tonight. They weren’t going to be denied. Handled BE similar a couple weeks ago. Pending something unusual, should keep state ball in south. Great season for TA.
HolidayInn

Postby mainebasketballguy2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 pm

All I can say is...Wow. And miked, this was not about coaching tonight. It was about talent, and Scarborough was clearly the most talented. Hats off to Scarborough, they looked and played like a state championship team tonight. I'm not a fan of either program (meaning not my hometown), so I don't want this to sound like an excuse, but I think all the commotion from this week seemed to take the energy out of TA. They looked like a shell of themselves tonight, and one can only one if the internal distractions took their toll. But either way, Scarborough came into the season with BE as the favorites, and Scarborough held serve. A really great win for them. I'm sure TA will find a way to get back to this game...again.
mainebasketballguy2

Re: Class A South final: Scarborough 49, Thornton Academy 7

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:02 am

TV Highlights:

5Q week 11 regional finals
http://www.wcsh6.com/sports/5q-week-11- ... /491019196

Friday's football regional final highlights
http://www.wmtw.com/article/friday-s-fo ... s/13520830

Scarborough Sports‏
@redstorm_sports
Red Storm Football is Class A South Champs!!!! #redstormsports
watch: https://twitter.com/redstorm_sports/sta ... 1196101637

Travis Lee‏Verified account
@TLee_WMTW
Big ground attack helps Scarborough reach first 'A' state title game in school history. @redstorm_sports
watch: https://twitter.com/TLee_WMTW/status/929208158521831424

Travis Lee‏Verified account
@TLee_WMTW
Red Storm onto states after 49-7 win over TA. We have the highlights coming up on Blitz 8. @redstorm_sports
watch: https://twitter.com/TLee_WMTW/status/929201033364082688
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Class A South final: Scarborough 49, Thornton Academy 7

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:19 am

Scarborough freezes out TA, advances to first Class A state game

Scarborough 49 Thornton Academy 7
TA- 0 0 0 7- 7
S- 7 21 14 7- 49

First quarter
S- Flaker 73 run (McDonnell kick)

Second quarter
S- Garrard 34 run (McDonnell kick)
S- Dudley 13 run (McDonnell kick)
S- Flaker 17 run (McDonnell kick)

Third quarter
S- Dudley 4 run (McDonnell kick)
S- Panyi 24 run (McDonnell kick)

Fourth quarter
S- Sendrowski 1 run (McDonnell kick)
TA- Dow 5 run (Forbes kick)

SCARBOROUGH—Revenge was served cold Friday evening at the Kippy Mitchell Sports Complex.

Was it ever.

Scarborough’s top-ranked football team welcomed No. 2 Thornton Academy for the Class A South Final, the de facto state final in the minds of many, and despite bitter and brutal weather conditions, the Red Storm put on an absolutely dazzling performance on both sides of the ball to make history.

http://www.theforecaster.net/scarboroug ... tate-game/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur