Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby augie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:09 pm

TAallday wrote:The classic TA argument of “they’re not all from there. Actually, they are, and most always are.

Let me also be an advocate for the TA kids here.

There are PLENTY of poor kids, hard working rural kids, and kids who can’t afford clothes, food, and/or housing at TA. Don’t try and sell people on the upper class vs lower class crap.

There was a running back for TA a couple of years ago who was homeless for pet of his junior and senior year. Get over yourself.

If you can’t handle a little heat on a message board, don’t read it.

I couldn't agree more. All of these southern Maine programs have kids in their football programs coming from all social classes so I really don't get that argument. If we were talking Hockey or LAX I could understand that theory but I don't for the sport of football. My town is considered very affluent and there is always a wide spectrum and I would hazard a guess the high majority are front the middle/lower class.
augie

Postby Hoops34 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm

We can agree to disagree,you still have to throw the word ugly in,I tend to look at it as defensive games and not games where 85 points are scored.These games were not ugly.Defensive battles maybe, but not ugly nor awful or and other negative word you can throw in.BTW,I am to encourage people not to join this forum so there you go,enjoy.Too many posters like you and yours.When coaches like the ones in A North work with their teams they get the most out of them,just leave it as that.I truly wonder what type of players you guys where because most good players aren't negative and describe teams like you do.
Hoops34

Postby Rob Kennedy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:43 pm

Hoops34 wrote:Players read posts on MBR or is this an adult only site.Continuously calling Class A North as a joke is not worth reading about.Parents,players,coaches of these communities do read MBR not just the southern mainers who put the North down.You don't know how many get sick of southern maine mentality that feel nothing good happens north of Portland.People who watched A North this year truly enjoyed the football they watched.

So what? Nobody is picking on kids, attacking coaches, or saying that you shouldn't enjoy the games. People are (mostly) commenting on what appears to be a disparity in talent between the top teams in A South and the entirety of A North. That's not an out of line conversation, and anyone whose feelings are hurt by that, well....that's unfortunate, but sometimes reality bites.

Plenty of good stuff happens north of Portland, but in Class A this year, teams from the North conference have never shown that they have the quality of the top A South teams. If there is a moment this season you can point out that they have, I'd be interested in hearing what you think it was, as I can't recall any. (The Sun Journal putting EL in the top 4 of the state for a few weeks doesn't count).

Look...the North rep will still have a chance to have that shining moment at Fitzy in a couple weeks. But to this point, anyone crying that the North gets to respect, well...what's the North done to earn any?
Rob Kennedy

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Hoops34 wrote:We can agree to disagree,you still have to throw the word ugly in,I tend to look at it as defensive games and not games where 85 points are scored.These games were not ugly.Defensive battles maybe, but not ugly nor awful or and other negative word you can throw in.BTW,I am to encourage people not to join this forum so there you go,enjoy.Too many posters like you and yours.When coaches like the ones in A North work with their teams they get the most out of them,just leave it as that.I truly wonder what type of players you guys where because most good players aren't negative and describe teams like you do.

Oh jeez...

Anyway.

Windham over Portland
TA over Scarborough
Labreckjrsdad

Postby TAallday » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Unreal.

Now that that A North pit party is over, anyone care to give a hot take on the games this weekend?
TAallday

Postby jpeters4 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Long-time TA fan; however, having attended the previous TA-Scarborough game, as well as both TA-BE games, my heart says TA, but my head says Scarborough. The main reason why I pick Scarborough to win is because of the show that Scarborough put on when they destroyed Sanford (I was there). That night, Panyi repeatedly found Lagerquist, Kelly, Flaker, and Seme usually wide open for medium and big gains. It was 40-0 at the half, Sanford got no first downs that I recall, and in the second half, Scarborough ran another scoring drive, a few more first downs, and then effectively cleared the bench. The mercy rule was on. It was the most dominant half of football I've seen in a long time. I think TA will battle hard, but their defense will wear out in the second half resulting in a 34-20 Scarborough victory.
jpeters4

Postby TAallday » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:20 am

Peters,

I agree, Scarborough is super potent. The only time a team hangs with them is when they pressure Panyi and throw off the timing of the Storm offense, both of which are not easy tasks. I think the TA defense can slow them down some and if they can eat up the clock on offense too, they'll be in the game. Once again, easier said than done. The Storm are ROLLING and I would not be surprised to see them win.

Cannot wait until Friday!
TAallday

Postby 85Champs » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:48 am

So any moles know if Mitchell was back at practice Monday? Monday is typically a video review of the past game but with the game Friday night I'm sure the game plan is being implemented a day earlier.

Side note:I saw that the Junior Trojans won the middle school gold ball for the third year in a row with a 50-30 win over Sanford.
85Champs

Postby TAallday » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Mitchell is back at school today and will be practicing as well.
TAallday

Postby footballkicker77 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:11 pm

2-2 last week: 46-18 on the season

A North:

#6 Portland @ #4 Windham

A South:

#2 Thornton Academy @ #1 Scarborough
footballkicker77

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur