Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby Hoops34 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:51 am

Your posts many times are a joke.Cant wait to stop reading how you crap all over A North.The players and coaches play out the schedule that is handed to them.Portland coaches played the hand they were dealt and improved greatly.Lets remember the make up of these schools.Im sure TA doesn't have players on their team(nor Scarborough) that have to live the lives that kids from the L/A and Oxford area have to .The demographics do not compare nor does the $$$$$$ that the different communities have.I bet every kid on TA was brought up in SACO,thats the joke.
Hoops34

Postby Details » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:59 am

Hoops34 wrote:Your posts many times are a joke.Cant wait to stop reading how you crap all over A North.The players and coaches play out the schedule that is handed to them.Portland coaches played the hand they were dealt and improved greatly.Lets remember the make up of these schools.Im sure TA doesn't have players on their team(nor Scarborough) that have to live the lives that kids from the L/A and Oxford area have to .The demographics do not compare nor does the $$$$$$ that the different communities have.I bet every kid on TA was brought up in SACO,thats the joke.

You must have me confused with somebody else. I have been championing A North all year and talking about even though it hasn't been great football, it has been compelling with the teams being so evenly matched. I'm from the Oxford Hills area and am a fan of theirs! I've been very happy that OH has been able to compete in Class A the last few years after an awful 10 year run.

But let's call a spade a spade just a little bit here. The quality of football has not been good (compared to Class A South and Class B South) and I think both Portland and Windham struggle offensively. It should be an ugly game (didn't they play a 7-6 game this year already??) I'm not crapping on the kids. Mostly just stating that it should be a low-scoring ugly affair. It is what it is!
Details

Postby jimobrien69 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Hoops34 wrote:Your posts many times are a joke.Cant wait to stop reading how you crap all over A North.The players and coaches play out the schedule that is handed to them.Portland coaches played the hand they were dealt and improved greatly.Lets remember the make up of these schools.Im sure TA doesn't have players on their team(nor Scarborough) that have to live the lives that kids from the L/A and Oxford area have to .The demographics do not compare nor does the $$$$$$ that the different communities have.I bet every kid on TA was brought up in SACO,thats the joke.

My kid plays for TA and was brought up in Dayton. Southern Maines Presque Isle
jimobrien69

Postby jimobrien69 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:01 pm

That was sarcasm for those who don't recognize it.
jimobrien69

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:09 pm

jimobrien69 wrote:

My kid plays for TA and was brought up in Dayton. Southern Maines Presque Isle

Cj played for and was brought up in Biddeford until Freshman year. We live in Arundel now. Yes I was raised in Saco, but there are no silver spoons in my house.

I think I misunderstood your comment actually. No, not all of the kids that go to TA grew up in Saco. But I don't know that it proves your point. Or maybe I'm missing it altogether. Sorry.
Last edited by Labreckjrsdad on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Labreckjrsdad

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:16 pm

So, I'm just trying to understand. Are you upset that he spoke to harshly at what he believed to be the truth about the North? Or did his comments just spark what seems to be a much larger issue dealing with privilege and such? I didn't think Details comments were too "harsh". Maybe he (or she) could have worded it a little differently (playing into political correctness, sensitivity, and such) but he didn't say anything bad about any particular player. That was my understanding anyway. I mean, this IS an opinion based forum, isn't that what this is all about?

Don't get me wrong, I've been sensitive to comments on here as well (I'm working on it ;)) But I don't think the comments were intended to be malicious.
Labreckjrsdad

Postby Hoops34 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Players read posts on MBR or is this an adult only site.Continuously calling Class A North as a joke is not worth reading about.Parents,players,coaches of these communities do read MBR not just the southern mainers who put the North down.You don't know how many get sick of southern maine mentality that feel nothing good happens north of Portland.People who watched A North this year truly enjoyed the football they watched.
Hoops34

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Hoops34 wrote:Players read posts on MBR or is this an adult only site.Continuously calling Class A North as a joke is not worth reading about.Parents,players,coaches of these communities do read MBR not just the southern mainers who put the North down.You don't know how many get sick of southern maine mentality that feel nothing good happens north of Portland.People who watched A North this year truly enjoyed the football they watched.

Okay, so it seems as if this is part of a larger issue for you. I can't necessarily relate to it, nor do I agree with it, but I get what you're saying. Tell some of those fans from the North to chime in and speak on behalf of their respective teams and maybe MBR won't be such a lop-sided forum. Can't have a seat at the table if you don't show up for dinner.
Labreckjrsdad

Postby Details » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Hoops34 wrote:People who watched A North this year truly enjoyed the football they watched.

I am one of the people who enjoyed Class A North football this year! LOL! I went to many games and watched many games streaming and I guess somebody could get sensitive that I called it a "joke" and maybe I could have said it was a "silly" season or a "strange" year. However, I certainly am NOT the person who has crapped on A North this year. I've been just the opposite. But my lord, at some point even I just have to admit that it has been tough to watch! After seeing TA and Scarborough up close...it's tough to compare the South final to the North final. Nothing against the kids...but the teams...they just aren't close to the same. I honestly think a 3-0 game could be riveting in some ways! (Doesn't mean it isn't ugly though!)
Details

Postby TAallday » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:17 pm

The classic TA argument of “they’re not all from there. Actually, they are, and most always are.

Let me also be an advocate for the TA kids here.

There are PLENTY of poor kids, hard working rural kids, and kids who can’t afford clothes, food, and/or housing at TA. Don’t try and sell people on the upper class vs lower class crap.

There was a running back for TA a couple of years ago who was homeless for pet of his junior and senior year. Get over yourself.

If you can’t handle a little heat on a message board, don’t read it.
TAallday

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur