Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby RedStorm26 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:35 am

And I'm too nervous to make any predictions!
RedStorm26
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 am

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby TAallday » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 am

It's really all about adjusting. Down the stretch in that game, I remember those big pass plays, but I really remember the defensive stands TA put forth. They were impressive.

I do think Scarborough is playing significantly better now than they were then, but so is TA. Like you said, it really should be an awesome game.
TAallday
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 am

Without quoting, I just want you both (TAallday and RedStorm26) to know that I appreciate the well articulated and thoughtful analysis. This is why I initially signed onto MBR. Well done gents.
Labreckjrsdad
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:16 am

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby RedStorm26 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:12 am

Thanks. Your son is a helluva player. And taken another way he was running wild on Scarborough's secondary in that 4Q even with a double team.
RedStorm26
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 am

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:17 am

RedStorm26 wrote:Thanks. Your son is a helluva player. And taken another way he was running wild on Scarborough's secondary in that 4Q even with a double team.


I really appreciate it. I'm sure it will much harder for him this week.

Do you have a family member on the team? Sorry if you've answered this question before.
Labreckjrsdad
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:16 am

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby Details » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:28 am

Really looking forward to the TA vs. Scarborough game. Should be a tremendous one!

Scarborough seems to be firing on all cylinders, but TA has the athletes to look them in the eye and has the mental edge by already coming back on them once this year. I don't know how to predict these games at the end of the year...what I think I know always seems to be wrong!

I will call this the classic "push" type game and give the home the edge by a field goal.

Scarborough 32 TA 29


The Class A North Final...well, I'll just have to agree with what most people have said all year: what a joke. Somehow Portland has avoided injuries to their best players (#7, #24, # 4, etc) and outlasted all of the other North teams. Windham is severely limited as well but at least had injuries and players being kicked off the team to explain their down season. I just think Portland is an awful team this year and I think Windham wins it in an ugly, no offense, terrible game.

Windham 3 Portland 0
Details
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby augie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:32 am

Details wrote:

The Class A North Final...well, I'll just have to agree with what most people have said all year: what a joke. Somehow Portland has avoided injuries to their best players (#7, #24, # 4, etc) and outlasted all of the other North teams. Windham is severely limited as well but at least had injuries and players being kicked off the team to explain their down season. I just think Portland is an awful team this year and I think Windham wins it in an ugly, no offense, terrible game.

Windham 3 Portland 0


these are high school kids remember
augie
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby Hoops34 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:43 am

Thats why I hate reading his posts.
Hoops34
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby Details » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:45 am

augie wrote:
Details wrote:

The Class A North Final...well, I'll just have to agree with what most people have said all year: what a joke. Somehow Portland has avoided injuries to their best players (#7, #24, # 4, etc) and outlasted all of the other North teams. Windham is severely limited as well but at least had injuries and players being kicked off the team to explain their down season. I just think Portland is an awful team this year and I think Windham wins it in an ugly, no offense, terrible game.

Windham 3 Portland 0


these are high school kids remember


I've not said anything about any kids here. I've said Portland was a bad team (2-6) this year that avoided the injury bug down the stretch. Both teams struggled on offense and one will likely win "ugly". It's not about individuals, it's how both teams have played all year.
Details
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Re: Class A (Conference Finals - Pick Em')

Postby Details » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:47 am

Hoops34 wrote:Thats why I hate reading his posts.


I do tend to give pretty straight-forward analysis. I definitely do not ever say anything negative about kids. They are trying hard, but as has been stated by MANY on these boards, Class A North was just not very good football this year. Just because Portland and Windham have ended up back in the North final this year doesn't mean I'm suddenly predicting a great game. Although, I will say, at 3-0 I do expect some excitement and tension which could create a fun ending for one of the teams.
Details
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sportsdad2 and 51 guests