Could Marshwood win Class A?

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Could Marshwood win Class A?

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:57 am

Just to clarify, are we talking about them winning the gold ball or just winning games and competing in the conference?
Labreckjrsdad

Postby Rob Kennedy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Labreckjrsdad wrote:Just to clarify, are we talking about them winning the gold ball or just winning games and competing in the conference?

If it's the latter, then it shouldn't even be a question: I don't hesitate in believing that Marshwood is better than most of the teams in Class A (and all of the teams in A North).

Gold Ball over TA or Scarborough (or even BE)? That's where it gets interesting. I wouldn't immediately say "no", but I think that's a tough ask even for a team as good as the Hawks are, and have been.
Rob Kennedy

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Rob Kennedy wrote:
Labreckjrsdad wrote:Just to clarify, are we talking about them winning the gold ball or just winning games and competing in the conference?

If it's the latter, then it shouldn't even be a question: I don't hesitate in believing that Marshwood is better than most of the teams in Class A (and all of the teams in A North).

Gold Ball over TA or Scarborough (or even BE)? That's where it gets interesting. I wouldn't immediately say "no", but I think that's a tough ask even for a team as good as the Hawks are, and have been.

Okay, I was just wondering if that was the point.
Labreckjrsdad

Postby hoops88 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Speed could probably provide a good answer, but I haven't seen the other teams. Marshwood's speed offensive players didn't seem to be that big to me, but they are incredibly fast, athletic and slippery. Sometimes that works better than a team of giants in high school football. I really think that Springer kid could QB Div III/possibly Div II. You have to see his throw. I wish I was 25 years younger I would love to run routes just to catch that for fun because I know it would be right on the money.
hoops88

Postby TAallday » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:17 am

and I could not possibly think of a better name for a star QB than "Tommy Springer".
TAallday

Previous

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur