Regional Championship predictions!

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Regional Championship predictions!

Postby fafan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:54 am

TheMike wrote:
fafan wrote:Ok, don't follow HS football like I used, but had to but double check when FA played Bucksport the first time and sure enough FA won 45-18. And the majority have the Bucks winning. Did the Carmichael kid not play the first time or please tell me why u think this game is leaning to the Bucks at FA nonetheless. :?:

I've wondered about that same thing! My guess is that FA will be held to less than 45 points and Bucksport will score more than 18 points this time. Whether those differences will be enough to bring about a different winner remains to be seen.

However.. in a semi-related topic, I wish there were a way to send a personal message on this forum. fafan & i had some friendly back-and-forths back when both teams were in Class C, and if fa fan wants to put a face to these posts I'll be hanging around the concession stand before the game on Friday night. I'll be easy to recognize. I'll be the one wearing the Bucksport garb. :D

Hey Mike hope all is well,
If Bucksport should win this game it would truly be a major upset after losing by 4 TD's the first nonetheless the Bucks winning by 2-3 TD's. The weather with the high winds would seem to favor the Ponies who can grind it out on the ground where as the Bucks seem to want to be more a passing team. I saw the game is streamed on You Tube so if it is too brutal I may just wimp out and watch from home. If I do venture I'll make sure to wear my FA hat :lol:
Agree on the PM function :(
fafan

Postby Tomahawk86 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:30 am

CFJunior,

I honestly think we are saying the same thing, because I don't believe Madison would beat MDI and I think you certainly are one of the more knowledgeable posters on Maine HS Football. It doesn't make sense to me why Madison and Gardiner were North last year and South this year? It is kind of a shame that either Wells or Madison season will end Saturday because I believe they are the best two teams in their class. Seeing how they scored nearly 50 on Foxcroft early in the season.

What do you think of Bucksport/FA? Why do you think Bucksport has struggled so badly with better teams? Confidence perhaps? Bucksport was my pre-season pick so I won't abandon them now, but it would not surprise me if they lost by 3-4 TDS tonight. Maybe the gap is to much for them as others have pointed out.
Tomahawk86

Postby hawkeye » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:22 am

Class A:
Scarborough 40 TA 20
Portland 21 Windham 13

Class B:
Marshwood 33 Falmouth 21
Skowhegan 34 Lawrence 24

Class C:
MDI 45 MCI 20
Cape 28 Gardiner 7

Class D:
Wells 36 Madison 14
Foxcroft 35 Bucksport 34
hawkeye

Postby TheMike » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:37 am

fafan wrote:
Hey Mike hope all is well,
If Bucksport should win this game it would truly be a major upset after losing by 4 TD's the first nonetheless the Bucks winning by 2-3 TD's. The weather with the high winds would seem to favor the Ponies who can grind it out on the ground where as the Bucks seem to want to be more a passing team. I saw the game is streamed on You Tube so if it is too brutal I may just wimp out and watch from home. If I do venture I'll make sure to wear my FA hat :lol:
Agree on the PM function :(

I agree, on all counts. I'd prefer this game be played on a nice, sunny July afternoon but that's probably not going to happen. :D

I hope you can make it. Yours is a connection I've been wanting to make for several years.
Later, my friend!
TheMike

Postby CFJunior » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 am

Tomahawk86 wrote:CFJunior,

I honestly think we are saying the same thing, because I don't believe Madison would beat MDI and I think you certainly are one of the more knowledgeable posters on Maine HS Football. It doesn't make sense to me why Madison and Gardiner were North last year and South this year? It is kind of a shame that either Wells or Madison season will end Saturday because I believe they are the best two teams in their class. Seeing how they scored nearly 50 on Foxcroft early in the season.

What do you think of Bucksport/FA? Why do you think Bucksport has struggled so badly with better teams? Confidence perhaps? Bucksport was my pre-season pick so I won't abandon them now, but it would not surprise me if they lost by 3-4 TDS tonight. Maybe the gap is to much for them as others have pointed out.

I'm guessing the football committee and the MPA needed certain programs to move from North to South. I also think it made sense from a geographic stand point. I'm guessing both Gardiner and Madison were okay with moving to Class C and D South.

As for Bucksport they didn't defend the run very well early in the season. They put 9 guys in the box against MDI and they still won by three touchdowns, mostly running the ball. The Bucks were also very young, and still are, but they appear to be growing up fast. And they have improved defending the run. We'll see how much they have improved tonight.
CFJunior

Postby TheMike » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Tomahawk86 wrote:CFJunior,

Bucksport's line is/was young and their schedule was absolutely brutal at the beginning of the season with Lisbon (A), Mattanawcook (A), MDI (H) and then FA (A). :o MA the 2nd time was the first true test of how much they'd improved and they rose to the occasion very well.

IMO everyone would agree that a Bucksport win would be an upset but win or lose the town is going to be very proud of this team. They got "it" handed to them in three of their first four games and have recovered enough to finish 2nd in D North and beat the #3 team decisively. That speaks volumes about the quality of the kids and the coaching staff.

Now it's onward, to see what happens on Friday night!
TheMike

Postby AMcolt5 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:12 pm

FINAL
Cape 35 Gardiner 13
AMcolt5

Postby fafan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Foxcroft 34-Bucksport 0.
Guess if Bucksport improved so did FA, that's 3 shutouts in a row for the Ponies. :)
fafan

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:48 am

Regional Final Scorers from 11/10

Cape Elizabeth 35, Gardiner 13
Foxcroft Academy 34, Bucksport 0
Scarborough 49, Thornton Academy 7
Skowhegan 23, Lawrence 0
Windham 42, Portland 6
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tomahawk86 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:47 am

Those scores are shocking to me. Almost every one of them. The average margin of victory so far in the regional finals is almost 32 points!!! The closest being a three TD difference. I am hoping the state games are more competitive than this.
Tomahawk86

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur