C North: MDI 40
MCI 22
C South: Cape Elizabeth 14
Gardiner 7
D North: Bucksport 30
Foxcroft 7
D South: Madison 22
Wells 18

I think people who don't travel much to watch football North of Brunswick to watch football should really watch the Carmichael kid (QB #5) from Bucksport. The kid is the real deal. In my opinion he is a top 3 QB in the state and arguably may be the best.

My upset of the week is Madison over Wells. Which might shock some people but Madison is FAST. If Wells can't slow down Whalen and Bess it could be a huge upset. Madison needs a big win like this to restore some tradition to one of the most storied programs in state history who really has struggled in the past 20 years. A tradition that grew with the likes of a young Coach Wolfram, Bobby Wilder and a handful of state titles in the 80's and early 90's.
Tomahawk86

Re: Regional Championship predictions!

Postby Firestarter85 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:39 am

skowhegan over lawrence by a good spread. im thinking 48-20. this game was close a few weeks ago but skowhegan has sharpened up some things.
Firestarter85

Postby NionNion » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:26 am

Lawrence 48 Skowhegan 36
NionNion

Postby Eagle85 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:48 am

Skowhegan has not looked good in the last two weeks. Mt. Blue was giving them issues to begin the game and then Brewer was reported to be outplaying Skowhegan, and it sounds like the Brewer offense did not show up. If Skowhegan plays sloppy again this coming weekend, than their season will end. I am not sure if Skowhegan can get past the tough psychical teams. I am giving the edge to Lawrence this week.

A North:
Portland over Windham
A South:
Scarborough over TA

B North:
Lawrence over Skowhegan
B South:
Falmouth over Marshwood (upset)

C North:
MDI over MCI
C South:
Gardiner over Cape Elizabeth (upset)

D North:
Bucksport over Foxcroft
D South:
Madison over Wells (upset)

This is UPSET Championship weekend.
Eagle85

Postby NEfan1321 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Eagle85 wrote:Skowhegan has not looked good in the last two weeks. Mt. Blue was giving them issues to begin the game and then Brewer was reported to be outplaying Skowhegan, and it sounds like the Brewer offense did not show up. If Skowhegan plays sloppy again this coming weekend, than their season will end. I am not sure if Skowhegan can get past the tough psychical teams. I am giving the edge to Lawrence this week.

I did not see Brewer outplaying Skowhegan in that game. the first drive of game Brewer took 11 plays to score, after that Skowhegans D held them in check and Brewer only managed to kick two field goals after that the rest of the game. Skowhegans offense did not show up the first half at all, one first down (and part of that was good D by Brewer and their D-line) but second half was a different story, Skow moved the ball well and in the 4th quarter killed over 4 minutes of clock to end the game. Skowhegans run D was playing well, and when Brewer tried passing, 3 INTS and several broken up balls ended any threats.
NEfan1321

Postby Rob Kennedy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:34 pm

NEfan1321 wrote:Skowhegans run D was playing well, and when Brewer tried passing, 3 INTS and several broken up balls ended any threats.

This is how I saw it as well. Skowhegan actually playing some defense gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe, if they can make it to Fitzy, they may not get totally slaughtered after all. (I mean they still could get slaughtered, but I would have bet the mortgage on it a week ago. Now I'll only bet 2/3 of the mortgage).

I think Skowhegan does advance to the final, but I'm glad Lawrence is their opponent. While I trumpeted "Brunswick despite their record does not suck" all season, I think the Bulldogs are in better position to make the finals a more interesting, competitive game. I'd think Skowhegan wins it, but in a good one, and maybe with a more reasonable 34-28 ish score and not a HS Hoops tourney scoreline.

I'll go with Scarborough to beat TA only because I picked them in pre-season; I have no idea how that'll go. Same as Portland/Windham. Eagles I guess, but I'd rather see Portland win. MDI/Cape (although what a great story Gardiner has been) and Wells (would love to see Madison,tho) and Bucksport round out my picks.
Rob Kennedy

Postby fafan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Ok, don't follow HS football like I used, but had to but double check when FA played Bucksport the first time and sure enough FA won 45-18. And the majority have the Bucks winning. Did the Carmichael kid not play the first time or please tell me why u think this game is leaning to the Bucks at FA nonetheless. :?:
fafan

Postby CFJunior » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:40 pm

fafan wrote:Ok, don't follow HS football like I used, but had to but double check when FA played Bucksport the first time and sure enough FA won 45-18. And the majority have the Bucks winning. Did the Carmichael kid not play the first time or please tell me why u think this game is leaning to the Bucks at FA nonetheless. :?:

I only picked Bucksport to win by 1 point. I really think Bucksport has improved greatly since thier game at FA. Just look at their semi-final win over MA. Back in September they beat the Lynx in three OT's 48-42. This past Friday night they blew out MA just two months later. FA could very well beat Bucksport by two or three scores like they did a month ago. I just think this game will be closer this time.
CFJunior

Postby AMcolt5 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Should see some crazy games this weekend

A North: Portland 22 Windham 17
A South: Scarborough 28 Thornton 20

B North: Skowhegan 27 Lawrence 22
B South: Marshwood 35 Falmouth 21

C North: MDI 40 MCI 28
C South: Cape 27 Gardiner 13

D North: Bucksport 35 Foxcroft 16
D South: Wells 38 Madison 28