A Semi: Thornton Academy 28, Bonny Eagle 24

post info & talk all things Football...

A Semi: Thornton Academy 28, Bonny Eagle 24

Postby zingervid » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:33 am

Fans,
The BE at TA South A Semi will be streaming on munzingmediasports.com as we team up with TATV to bring you the coverage. 1pm kickoff today.
Rob Munzing
Munzing Media
zingervid

Thornton Academy advances to Southern A final

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:14 am

Thornton Academy advances to Southern A Football final
http://www.wmtw.com/article/thornton-ac ... l/13302639
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: A Semi: Thornton Academy 28, Bonny Eagle 24

Postby 85Champs » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:52 am

Can I assume that whatever infraction Mitchell committed occurred a week before and that Gaudette had all week to prepare? Or was the time frame much shorter? He certainly looked confident out there. I will be very interested to see who Kezal starts next week.

Right now I would go with Gaudette.
85Champs

Postby TAallday » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:51 am

Gaudette had about three days to prepare from what I understand.

I’m very proud of him. I can’t lie, when I heard Mitchell was out, I thought BE would massacre TA. I thought the change at QB that last minute would kill them. Most probably agreed with me there.

Man, did Gaudette prove us wrong...
TAallday

Postby HolidayInn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:34 am

I wasn't looking forward to the game or planning on attending until I heard about the QB scenario. This forced coaches that tend to stay status quo make adjustments. I also knew Guadette is an athlete and athletes make things happen. The part I was curious to see was stress. He handled fine. The players opinions are very important with future decisions. If this team rallied behind a player / situation / whatever, they may be locked in and feel more united. You can't loose this. Also want to point out I was impressed with TA coaching group yesterday. Play calling was good and good adjustments. Nice job.
HolidayInn

Postby TAallday » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:36 am

I am excited to watch the tape tonight. Sounds like TA coaching and execution was masterful.
TAallday

Postby wmtwsportsprod » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:08 am

Great job a quarterback in his first varsity start in playoff time no less...but also thought it was a great game plan...they relied on the speed of Bracomonte the whole game...handoffs or short passes that were mostly less then 5 yards from line of scrimmage and see what he could do..He was the difference maker on offense...people forget in the first half of the first matchup, he was also having a very good game and then the game just got away from them..Also thought C.J. Labreck and the whole secondary had a very good game on defense....bonny eagle won the first game through the air
wmtwsportsprod

Postby TAallday » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:01 pm

I think that’s the game plan for TA moving forward. The short pass is virtually unstoppable and creates many openings in the run game and down field pass game.

I’m pleased to hear TA finally made the necessary changes to break down a great defense.
TAallday

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:32 pm

Thornton upends Bonny Eagle, 28-24
The Trojans beat the defending state champions to advance to the Class A South final against Scarborough.

SACO — Thornton Academy rallied behind backup quarterback Kobe Gaudette and dethroned Class A champion Bonny Eagle with a 28-24 win Saturday afternoon in a Class A South football semifinal.

Gaudette, a sophomore making his first varsity start, completed 9 of 12 passes for 115 yards and a touchdown – a 17-yard pass to Anthony Bracamonte that put second-seeded Thornton (8-1) ahead 21-6 midway through the third quarter.

“I was really excited, but so nervous,” said Gaudette. “The team really picked me up.”

Thornton will play at No. 1 Scarborough in the regional final. The Trojans won their regular-season meeting, 32-28.

Bonny Eagle finished 8-2, losing two of its last three games after an 18-game winning streak.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/11/04/f ... gle-28-24/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:40 am

PPH VIDEO: HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE THORNTON ACADEMY – BONNY EAGLE SEMIFINAL
Kevin Kezal, Anthony Bracamonte and CJ Labreck discuss the team's narrow win over Bonny Eagle in the Class A Semis. Posted November 5
http://www.pressherald.com/media/video/ ... semifinal/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur