Where are you going this weekend?

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Where are you going this weekend?

Postby HolidayInn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:57 pm

I’m with jimo’brien69 off line approach when it comes to x vs y, but struggling to stay away from bigger picture. Does anyone else remember missing practices for unexcused reason meant not playing? Appears no longer an issue. The school made the decision for coach last week. There was no other option. Game was just within timeline.
HolidayInn

Re: Where are you going this weekend?

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:48 pm

HolidayInn wrote:I’m with jimo’brien69 off line approach when it comes to x vs y, but struggling to stay away from bigger picture. Does anyone else remember missing practices for unexcused reason meant not playing? Appears no longer an issue. The school made the decision for coach last week. There was no other option. Game was just within timeline.

When I was coaching or Athletic Directing it was always a team policy/rule that an unexcused absence was a suspension from the team for several days. If a game fell within that time period they could not even dress for the game or sit on the bench in street clothes.

This should be an athletic department rule in the school's athletic athlete, parents, coach and AD team rules and policies contract which the athlete, parents, coach and AD signs.

Athletes and parents/guardians must sign this contract in order to participate or tryout for a school athletic team.
bcbc55

Previous

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur