Where are you going this weekend?

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Where are you going this weekend?

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 am

jimobrien69 wrote:
Labreckjrsdad wrote:I had a feeling. Both are great players. I'm anxious to see what they do with Daniel next year.

He said CJ had a great game Saturday. A little hero worship for your boy. I'm anxious to see what they do with him myself. There is so much speculation that I hear. Everything from lineman to QB. What he gets from the coaches points to him playing right where he is. DE/TE/WR.

He had a pretty good game, but hell, they all did. It was a great team win and all deserve credit. Thanks for saying so.

Next season will be interesting because there will be more depth at several positions. I don't know about QB, I think between the starter and the backup (who played huge this weekend) that position might be wrapped up. BUT, I've also heard TE/WR on offense and DE on defense. We have some big shoes to fill on DE with Lynn moving on, but from what I hear, Daniel is surely up to the task. I'm sure that getting him ready is nothing new to the Tarbox family at this point.

With all of that said, I'm still fired about about this year and a hopeful/potential State game. Man, that would be something for this group of young men.
Labreckjrsdad

Postby TAallday » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:21 am

Labreck,

As we have stated before in speaking, this group and year has been a fun one to keep track of.

TA certainly has holes to fill next year, but they have some big dudes coming up the ranks along with some serious speed. I have no doubt that they will be very very good next year.
TAallday

Postby xnbury » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:31 am

TAallday wrote:He was suspended from school for Friday and Monday and thus, could not be on campus this weekend or play in the game.

This entire conversation has gotten so far away from relevant and appropriate, it's making my head spin. To discuss not only a suspension but the length of a suspension, of a minor, is completely inappropriate online. The inner workings of a football program and a high school are under strict legal and ethical rules, and even mentioning a student's specific disciplinary record can be a violation of FERPA, unless it comes from the person themselves. Even if it's not a FERPA violation, it's so far removed from the mission and spirit of a high school football message board, it's not even funny.

Furthermore, it's ridiculous to debate what a coach should do from the outside in a situation like this is complex and involves many levels of judgement, from knowing the team on a daily basis to seeing how the kids react in practice to looking at film and judging the future and looking at the program overall. It's worthless to debate what might/should happen without all of the knowledge above, not just what is seen on tape from a month ago or an affinity to a certain player.

This isn't just against Paul for the comment above, but the incessant posts from others wanting to be 'in the know' of any details relating to the discipline of high school students. Both in this thread and in others all year, guys should stick to talking about what happened on the field, and leave the drama to the theater department.

Great win by TA Saturday.
xnbury

Postby TAallday » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:50 am

Jeff, you are correct. We get carried away on here. Basically, I gave a summation of the situation so people could understand that this was not some Earth-shattering suspension.

I should have left the details off, maybe not talked about it at all really.

The only reason I participated in this conversation was to provide a somewhat accurate perspective without giving every little detail. Thanks for checking me on this though. I appreciate being held accountable. To qualify a bit though...as you know, I am very close with Will's father. He is happy that someone is trying to provide perspective rather than let his boy get crapped on without response.
TAallday

Postby jimobrien69 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 am

Next season will be interesting because there will be more depth at several positions. I don't know about QB, I think between the starter and the backup (who played huge this weekend) that position might be wrapped up. BUT, I've also heard TE/WR on offense and DE on defense. We have some big shoes to fill on DE with Lynn moving on, but from what I hear, Daniel is surely up to the task. I'm sure that getting him ready is nothing new to the Tarbox family at this point.

QB would have been on JV. Peoples reasoning is just because he is tall. What you have heard is what he has got from coaches. Everything else is just talk.
jimobrien69

Postby rock33 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:06 pm

TAallday wrote:He was suspended and will pay his price as determined by TA's coaches and admins.

I expect Mitchell to be back this week as the starter.

I’m watching the game currently, and there’s just no darn way you can justify having Mitchell on the sideline. There were multiple missed throws downfield, which Mitchell has a much better chance of making. Gaudette couldn’t run the ball at all, Mitchell usually makes a couple plays in the ru ning game each week.

If you simply watch the tape and compare reads, throws, and overall QB play, I don’t think it’s even a question who starts Friday ifboth guys are available.

Multiple missed throws? Didn't he go 9-12 in the passing department?
rock33

Postby interloper » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:13 pm

yes
interloper

Postby TAallday » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Missed two throws, one to Gikas and one to Madore, both of which could have been touchdowns.

Why do you guys have to perpetuate this QB battle. Mitchell is back and both are getting reps. Hell, maybe Kezal uses them both...
TAallday

Postby rock33 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:28 pm

TAallday wrote:Missed two throws, one to Gikas and one to Madore, both of which could have been touchdowns.

Why do you guys have to perpetuate this QB battle. Mitchell is back and both are getting reps. Hell, maybe Kezal uses them both...

Not perpetuating a battle at all. Just didn't understand the statement. Thought I had missed some throws during the game.
rock33

Postby TAallday » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Is three missed throws not “multiple”?

Great poise and game by Kobe. Let’s go TA.
TAallday

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur