Where are you going this weekend?

post info & talk all things Football...

Where are you going this weekend?

Postby dunbar » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:27 am

For me:

Friday- Brewer at Skowhegan

Saturday- The clear-cut best game in Southern Maine (and the state) this weekend: Maine-Delaware at Fitzy.
dunbar

Re: Where are you going this weekend?

Postby yorkcountyUNHfan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 am

Friday - Marshwood

Saturday - Hunting
yorkcountyUNHfan

Postby SMAA » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:00 am

dunbar wrote:For me:

Saturday- The clear-cut best game in Southern Maine (and the state) this weekend: Maine-Delaware at Fitzy.

The best game in the whole state this weekend will be Bonny Eagle at Thornton. Attendance at the Maine game will be way down because of the high school game. I'll be at the Portland/Lewiston game on friday and down to TA on saturday.
SMAA

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:05 am

SMAA wrote:
dunbar wrote:For me:

The best game in the whole state this weekend will be Bonny Eagle at Thornton. Attendance at the Maine game will be way down because of the high school game. I'll be at the Portland/Lewiston game on friday and down to TA on saturday.

I second that. It's actually too bad because I was looking forward to possibly attending the UMaine game this season.
Labreckjrsdad

Postby TAallday » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:08 am

I'll be at TA on Saturday, big surprise...
TAallday

Postby dunbar » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:27 am

If you think BE-TA is going to be a better game than UM-UD, then you really don't understand the caliber of football you're watching.
dunbar

Postby augie » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Friday: Lawrence

Saturday: UMaine game so I can give Dunbar an automic wedgie
augie

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:20 pm

dunbar wrote:If you think BE-TA is going to be a better game than UM-UD, then you really don't understand the caliber of football you're watching.

It's a matter of perspective. I personally have a vested interested in HS football right now seeing as how my son plays. I'd love to see UMaine play more often but I think the majority of football fans in the state look forward to HS games. There isn't a huge following for college ball like there is in other states. UMaine, for most, is just too far away. Whether the skill level is higher or not, HS football in Maine is more popular.

Also, the BE-TA game is a playoff game, there's a little more on the line. So, with that, TA/BE is the better game to watch - and I understand perfectly.
Labreckjrsdad

Postby Rob Kennedy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:33 pm

dunbar wrote:If you think BE-TA is going to be a better game than UM-UD, then you really don't understand the caliber of football you're watching.

Or you just don't care about U Maine football on more than a casual level, which describes a large number of people, especially in Southern Maine.

"Better" can be relative. The players at UM/Delaware are clearly better, more talented football players, so "better" is clearly defined in that aspect. But I'd be more apt to watch TA/BE as well as I'd personally find it better entertainment, and that's nothing against U-Maine football. I doubt very much I'm alone in that school of thought--or even a rarity.
Rob Kennedy

Postby crusaderhoops » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:52 pm

I’ll be at the Brewer-Skowhegan game tomorrow night.

Saturday I’ll be filling in as the PA announcer in Castine as Maine Maritime hosts the top ranked team in New England: Springfield College.

I’m with Rob Kennedy in regards to UMaine football and really all UMaine sports for that matter...I much prefer attending a good high school game over a UMaine event...but I guess that’s what makes the world interesting...we all are interested in different things
crusaderhoops

Next

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur