Class A (Semi-Finals - Pick Em')

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Class A (Semi-Finals - Pick Em')

Postby TAallday » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:34 am

Should be a pretty awesome weekend of games in A. The Northern games will really be toss ups, I think.

The Southern games seem to be easier picks, but you just never know.

I am excited to see a full strength clash between TA and BE. Houde is back as are Sprague and Napolitano, I believe. Pretty obvious that BE should be favored, but I'll keep the faith and continue to cheer for the Trojans. Hopefully they can find a way to keep the game close into the second half.
TAallday

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:03 am

TAallday wrote:Should be a pretty awesome weekend of games in A. The Northern games will really be toss ups, I think.

The Southern games seem to be easier picks, but you just never know.

I am excited to see a full strength clash between TA and BE. Houde is back as are Sprague and Napolitano, I believe. Pretty obvious that BE should be favored, but I'll keep the faith and continue to cheer for the Trojans. Hopefully they can find a way to keep the game close into the second half.

Agreed. Think all of us TA fans are anxious to see a better outing... maybe one more like the Scarborough game this season.

My picks:
Windham over Edward Little
Portland over Lewiston
Scarborough over Sanford
TA over Bonny Eagle
Labreckjrsdad

Postby MBRer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:11 am

SJ Game of the Week: Rested Red Eddies meet Eagles for trip to regional final

...Senior QB Grant Hartley and a stout defense stood out for the Red Eddies in the victory.

Hartley, a PTC North all-star, exploited the Eagles’ run-stopping game plan for 138 yards and two touchdowns through the air. He also rushed for a game-high 79 yards on eight carries and another score.

The defense, meanwhile, kept Windham QB Tanner Bernier under wraps for 120 total yards passing and rushing, and limited the Eagles to six points until a late touchdown made it a one-possession game again.

Bernier is the key to Windham making it this far. A threat to pass and run, he had to do the former last week as Cheverus shut down the Eagles’ running game. Bernier led the comeback with a pair of fourth-quarter touchdown passes, finishing the day 13-for-31 for 183 yards. Hunter Coffin and Treva Valliere were his top targets.

Bernier also leads the defense as a safety. He and fellow A North second-team all-stars Justin Labrecque, Nate Watson and Valliere form the core of a unit that has allowed just 25 points over the last three games.

http://www.sunjournal.com/game-of-the-w ... nal-final/
MBRer

Postby augie » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Edward Little over Windham
Lewiston over Portland
Scarborough over Sanford
Bonny Eagle over TA.
augie

Previous

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur