Fitzpatrick Award 2017

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Fitzpatrick Award 2017

Postby augie » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:40 pm

bballmom30 wrote:
footballphan wrote:We have to remember that grades/character are a component as well!

From B North:
Pelletier from Messo
Roddy/Sousa from Cony
Barnes/Bell from Skowhegan

Those are the handful that stick out that are seniors

Barnes (Skow) was #1 in B North with over 760 yards receiving.
Roddy (Cony) was #2 with almost 600 yards receiving.
Bell (Skow) was # 3.
Sousa (Cony) was #4.

Did Sousa throw to himself? :-)
augie

Postby NEfan1321 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Roddy and Bell were also huge assets in special teams, I believe they both had at least one TD and set their teams up in great field position.
NEfan1321

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:21 pm

bballmom30 wrote:
footballphan wrote:We have to remember that grades/character are a component as well!

From B North:
Pelletier from Messo
Roddy/Sousa from Cony

Bell (Skow) was # 3.
Sousa (Cony) was #4.

Those are some impressive stats.
Labreckjrsdad

Postby bballmom30 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:23 pm

augie wrote:
bballmom30 wrote:

From B North:
Pelletier from Messo
Roddy/Sousa from Cony

Bell (Skow) was # 3.
Sousa (Cony) was #4.

Did Sousa throw to himself? :-)

My bad. Dutil was #4.
bballmom30

Postby NEfan1321 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Labreckjrsdad wrote:
bballmom30 wrote:

From B North:
Pelletier from Messo
Roddy/Sousa from Cony

Bell (Skow) was # 3.
Sousa (Cony) was #4.

Those are some impressive stats.

Barnes and Bell also had 10 receiving TDs EACH
Roddy 7
Dutil 4
Savage -7 (he also had 398 receiving yards for skow)
NEfan1321

Postby Eagle85 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:12 pm

My vote for best in B North is Messalonskee’s Austin Pelletier. Some stats to back up my decision. He subbed in for both Offense and Defense his Freshman year. He even had a few starts due to injury. He played Halfback and Outside Backer his Freshman year.

His Sophomore year he was the starting QB and starting Outside Linebacker. He played all the special teams. His numbers on offense were not great, but he did not turn the ball over and had the ability to get crucial first downs when the team needed them.

His Jr. year he was starting Fullback and Outside Linebacker. He also played some Cornerback and Safety during the year. He ran for 1370 yards and had 24 touchdowns. Over 1600 all-purpose yards. He was 3rd on his team for tackles (a little over 40). He was on all special teams. He held for PAT’s. He threw for two point conversions and he ran for two point conversions. He completed both passes he threw in a game for a total of 60 yards. He returned kick offs and punts. He returned one punt for a TD and was one of the leaders in the league for punts.

His senior year he was the starting Fullback and eventually moved to Safety from Defensive End/Outside Backer. He ran for over 1500 yards with 17 TD’s. He was on all special teams. He held for PAT’s. He scored 2 point conversions by throwing and running. He even long snapped on one PAT because our regular long snapper got hurt.

He has never missed a game in 4 years. He was a touch dependable tackler. He was a very good lead blocker, had a motor that would not quit and is the toughest of tough.

I would think that the “Best football player in Maine” would have to play on both sides of the ball and do it at a very high level.
Eagle85

Postby football58 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Eagle85 wrote:My vote for best in B North is Messalonskee’s Austin Pelletier. Some stats to back up my decision. He subbed in for both Offense and Defense his Freshman year. He even had a few starts due to injury. He played Halfback and Outside Backer his Freshman year.

His Sophomore year he was the starting QB and starting Outside Linebacker. He played all the special teams. His numbers on offense were not great, but he did not turn the ball over and had the ability to get crucial first downs when the team needed them.

His Jr. year he was starting Fullback and Outside Linebacker. He also played some Cornerback and Safety during the year. He ran for 1370 yards and had 24 touchdowns. Over 1600 all-purpose yards. He was 3rd on his team for tackles (a little over 40). He was on all special teams. He held for PAT’s. He threw for two point conversions and he ran for two point conversions. He completed both passes he threw in a game for a total of 60 yards. He returned kick offs and punts. He returned one punt for a TD and was one of the leaders in the league for punts.

His senior year he was the starting Fullback and eventually moved to Safety from Defensive End/Outside Backer. He ran for over 1500 yards with 17 TD’s. He was on all special teams. He held for PAT’s. He scored 2 point conversions by throwing and running. He even long snapped on one PAT because our regular long snapper got hurt.

He has never missed a game in 4 years. He was a touch dependable tackler. He was a very good lead blocker, had a motor that would not quit and is the toughest of tough.

I would think that the “Best football player in Maine” would have to play on both sides of the ball and do it at a very high level.

Thanks, Dad.
football58

Postby augie » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Eagle85 wrote:My vote for best in B North is Messalonskee’s Austin Pelletier. Some stats to back up my decision. He subbed in for both Offense and Defense his Freshman year. He even had a few starts due to injury. He played Halfback and Outside Backer his Freshman year.

your boy is a heck of a player and should be considered one of the best if not the best for sure!
augie

Postby Eagle85 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm

football58 wrote:

Thanks, Dad.

Yeah, its Dad. I believe his stats and play speak for themselves. I don't believe I used any opinions except for the belief the best football player should play both sides of the ball at a high level. I could not be prouder. And I know that it was pretty obvious that I was either a stalker or his Dad. LOL.
Eagle85

Postby footballphan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:14 pm

The best player in the state doesn't have to play on both sides of the ball necessarily. It's customary, but not a prerequisite.
footballphan

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur