Weekly Top 11: After Week 10 (ongoing thread)

post info & talk all things Football...

Weekly Top 11: After Week 10 (ongoing thread)

Postby Speed » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:41 pm

1. Bonny Eagle..............1-0........48-0
1. Scarborough..............1-0........43-0
3. Thornton Academy.......1-0........46-6
4. Kennebunk ...............1-0.........26-0
5. Marshwood................1-0........55-12
6. Windham..................1-0.........24-0
7. Cape Elizabeth...........1-0.........48-0
8. Winslow....................1-0........21-20
9. Messalonskee..............1-0........23-0
10. Oxford Hills..............1-0........20-14

Other Notables:
Portland.......0-1
EL..............1-0
Lewiston......1-0
Biddeford.....1-0
Falmouth.....1-0
Brunswick.....0-1
Leavitt.........1-0
MDI.............0-1
Wells...........1-0
Madison........1-0
Speed

Re: Week 1 Top 10

Postby Archer Bunker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:19 pm

1. Bonny Eagle 1-0
2. Thornton 1-0
3. Scarborough 1-0
4. Windham 1-0
5. Winslow 1-0
6. Kennebunk 1-0
7. Messalonskee 1-0
8. Cape Elizabeth 1-0
9. Marshwood 1-0
10. Oxford Hills 1-0

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby Speed » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:05 am

Don't let 43-0 Scarborough Deering score fool you....that was half time score...

MDI Is a very tough physical football team....they will not lose again unless it's to Winslow....

Some interesting Top 10 match ups this week.....
Kennebunk, 4 at Messalonskee, 9
Windham, 6 at BE, 1
Speed

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:43 am

Speed wrote:Don't let 43-0 Scarborough Deering score fool you....that was half time score...

MDI Is a very tough physical football team....they will not lose again unless it's to Winslow....

Windham, 6 at BE, 1

Not fooling me......And Thornton will beat Scarborough when they play in two weeks, Big drop-off after BE, Thornton and Scarborough. Windham will be no match for Bonny Eagle. Kennebunk/Messalonskee will be interesting. As I said before lots of Blow-Outs this weekend. Expect more next weekend because after the top 10 or 12 teams the rest are pretty weak this year.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby 85Champs » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:
Speed wrote:Don't let 43-0 Scarborough Deering score fool you....that was half time score...

Windham, 6 at BE, 1

Not fooling me......And Thornton will beat Scarborough when they play in two weeks, Big drop-off after BE, Thornton and Scarborough. Windham will be no match for Bonny Eagle. Kennebunk/Messalonskee will be interesting. As I said before lots of Blow-Outs this weekend. Expect more next weekend because after the top 10 or 12 teams the rest are pretty weak this year.

AB

Archer, curious as why you think TA will beat Scarborough. I watched TA/Massabesic game-really like Mitchell at QB and their offense. Defense gave up a lot of yards to Mustangs. Susceptible to the pass and long runs. Specials teams needs work. Score wasn't as lopsided as one might think. I think Mass will win 2-3 games this year. Much improved . I see TA just behind Scarborough and BE at 3.
85Champs

Postby Speed » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:33 pm

BE....3.....little different take there, 85....I wish TA would just pound " Hordor " off Webb's big ol butt....

Interested who TA has who can stop Sprague with Thorne leading sweep.....or stop Garrard for that matter....if you thought Massabesic moved ball you ain't seen nothing yet....plus those teams have QBs who can get the ball to Lagerquist, The Irishman, and Menard.....mercy.....TA better score a ton of points.....
Speed

Postby 85Champs » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Speed wrote:BE....3.....little different take there, 85....I wish TA would just pound " Hordor " off Webb's big ol butt....

Interested who TA has who can stop Sprague with Thorne leading sweep.....or stop Garrard for that matter....if you thought Massabesic moved ball you ain't seen nothing yet....plus those teams have QBs who can get the ball to Lagerquist, The Irishman, and Menard.....mercy.....TA better score a ton of points.....

Speed, to clarify, I meant Scarborough 1, BE 2, and TA at 3. By the way what is your opinion of Deering?
85Champs

Postby Speed » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Well, when you trail 43-0 at the half , even to a team like Scarborough, you clearly aren't putting up much resistance and are pretty bad.....poor Deering opens with Scarborough then TA .....mercy!!....you couldn't get much worse unless you played BE in third game....TA will not be contested against Deering.....good game to try some things....experiment....
Speed

Postby TAallday » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:51 pm

My Top Ten:

1) Bonny Eagle
2) Scarborough
3) Thornton Academy
4) Kennebunk
5) Marshwood
6) Windham
7) Oxford Hills
8) Winslow
9) Messalonskee
10) Cape Elizabeth

My take on the TA, Scarborough, and BE rundown...

I think BE and Scarborough are definitely better as of right now. Hell, they bring more back and they both beat TA last season. I do think that TA has a shot to beat them both though, because of two things; offensive potency and youth. TA can put up points and I think they can score with anyone. In terms of my meaning of youth, I see TA getting better as the season goes onward. Their defense, just like the last three or four years, is solid up front with a tendency to give up big plays on the edge and through the air. I think that TA can stop BE and Scarborough some, but I do think they would have to make it a shootout to win.

In the end, I favor both BE and Scarborough against TA, but on any given Friday or Saturday, you never know.
TAallday

Postby miked » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:18 pm

AB[/quote]

The Mustangs were very competitive with TA in both lines. I see the Mustangs winning 3 to 4 games this year. Friday night was very encouraging.

I am also excited to see TA get whacked 3 times this year. Scarborough will bury TA along with the Scots. I also see Oxford Hills beating them. TA always has run up the scores on their weaker opponents. Get ready TA fans for Scarborough & BE to give your team a taste of its own medicine. I'm sure the TA fans will cry and complain about Scarborough showing no mercy. Nor should they
miked

Next

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur