Youth Football 2017:

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Youth Football 2017: post your news, updates, etc

Postby TAallday » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:46 am

I wouldn't say that these studies will have too much of an impact just yet. Climate science has been settled for years and our dipstick politicians are still debating that! Scientific denial is as American as watching someone eat 70 hot dogs in ten minutes on Independence Day, baby.
TAallday

Postby baseballdad16 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:10 am

Concussions come in all sports. A girl at our school has a pretty sever one from Volleyball (took a deflected spike off the face).
baseballdad16

Postby augie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:02 pm

my point was not the validity of this study, whether there are other studies that indicate the opposite, or whether I allow (I do) my child to play or not, it's just a fact that numbers at the youth level in my town and other local opponents towns participants are way down. I know at least a dozen plus kids in 6th, 7th and 8th grade where the parents do not allow their kids to play football because they are scared of concussions. granted, our town is softer than a sneaker full of $hit but it is their excuse for not letting them play.
augie

Postby voiceofreason » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Augie,
Didn't mean to imply that you agreed with or supported the position. Was just trying to say that there is more information available than just the narrative that is being put forth. Perhaps the most telling thing from the article for me was that the person who wrote it works at BU, the same place that did the study in the original article used for the PPH story.
voiceofreason

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:19 am

Five Town, Belfast, Oceanside, Lincoln County battle for CYFL titles
Competitive games go down to wire before Eagles, Windjammers earn championships

UNION — It was, with the lively rock music blaring from the speakers, the smell of fresh burgers on the grill and beautiful fall weather, an idyllic youth football festival, a showcase of sorts, and the youngsters certainly did not disappoint with their standout play on the field.

That is because Coastal Youth Football League championships were on the line for third- through sixth-graders on Saturday, Nov. 4 at the D.R. Gaul/Union Elementary School and the hard-working, hard-hitting children did not disappoint themselves, teammates, friends, family and fans with two down-to-the-wire affairs.

In the end, on a glorious fall day in an event hosted by Medomak Youth Football, No. 2 Central Lincoln County YMCA outlasted No. 1 Oceanside 14-6 in the varsity contest, which includes players in fifth and sixth grades, while No. 1 Five Town Football edged No. 2 Belfast 7-6 in the junior varsity game, for those in grades three and four.

Click for photos from the Oceanside and CLC game.

Click for photos from the Five Town and Belfast game.

Watch video and see more photos from the games below.

For the varsity teams, Oceanside and CLC finished 8-1, while, for the jayvees, Five Town Football finished unbeaten at 9-0 and Belfast 7-2.

https://knox.villagesoup.com/p/five-tow ... es/1701761
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Previous

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur