Previews: Class C

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Previews: Class C

Postby wings » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:32 pm

CFJunior wrote:MCI found out last night that the move up to Class C won't be as easy as many thought it might be. Big statement win for Oceanside.

I also noticed Hermon hung 59 on Old Town. That might be the most points Hermon has ever scored in a single game.

Finally in North Class B, Medomak Valley beat Belfast last 21-20. Big win for a very young program.

CFJunior, Keep an eye on Nokomis in C North as this season moves along...Numbers wise, Nokomis has a huge Junior class, Nokomis has talented skill kids, I think Nokomis will hold their own on the line of scrimmage v the best in C North. Jake Rogers and his staff will bring this team along and have them playing well late, I think.
wings

Re: Previews: Class C

Postby BDN » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:44 am

BDN Class C North Football preview:

Defending football champion MDI seeks repeat in new-look ‘C’ North
...The Class C North includes perennial contenders Winslow and MDI, who encounter another contender in conference newcomer Maine Central Institute of Pittsfield, which won the Class D state championship in dramatic fashion last season.

While the MCI Huskies coach Tom Bertrand is excited for the new challenge, he doesn’t quite know what to expect just yet.

“MDI’s the defending champion. Winslow’s always going to be competitive,” Bertrand said. “Those two teams come right to mind.”

The Black Raiders and Trojans have combined to play in the last five Class C state championship games.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/09/02/s ... k-c-north/
BDN

Previous

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur