MDI:; Coach’s Show August 8 [VIDEO]

post info & talk all things Football...

MDI:; Coach’s Show August 8 [VIDEO]

Postby WDEA » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:05 am

MDI Coach’s Show August 8 [VIDEO]

Are you ready for some football? The MDI Football Team, the defending Class C North Champions, begin their preseason practices on Monday, August 14th. MDI Head Football Coach Mark Shields joined WDEA’s Chris Popper in the first Football Coach’s Show of the 2017 Season.

Coach Shields talked about the off-season, the tough schedule that the Trojans will play this year, the new Big 11, why the team is going to go on an overnight at the Schoodic Football Camp, the Assistant Coaching Staff. the importance of the Trojans Band, the crowds and much more.

Read More: MDI Coach’s Show August 8 [VIDEO] | http://wdea.am/mdi-coachs-show-august-8 ... ck=tsmclip
WDEA

Re: MDI:; Coach’s Show August 8 [VIDEO]

Postby Speed » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:12 am

Pop, good interview....keep the good stuff coming....I think MDI will fare well this year if they stay healthy....will be at Winslow on first Saturday....MDI is so far from Sanford I don't have many opportunities to see them....your coverage helps keep me informed....you do a great job with your coach's interviews...
Speed

Postby Mount Desert Islander » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:59 am

New ‘voice’ of MDI Trojans is old friend

...Now, after spending 29 seasons away from the microphone at MDI football games, DeMuro is set to reclaim his spot in the booth on Friday nights throughout the fall. With the new season right around the corner, the 72-year-old sports fanatic is ready to be the sound of MDI football.

“I’ve always wanted to come back to the booth, because I love football and the Trojans,” DeMuro said. “When I heard they needed to replace Norm, I wanted to take a shot at it right away.”

Years after playing high school football at the old Bar Harbor High School and college football at Bowdoin College, DeMuro began doing play-by-play for MDI football games in 1980. He would continue to detail every play over the microphone until 1988, when he decided to take a position as an assistant coach with the team.

DeMuro stopped coaching football in 1991 and stepped down as the MDI YMCA swim coach 10 years later. Looking to stay active in the MDI sports community, he was ready to return when the team needed another announcer after the 2003 season. Unfortunately, a stroke prevented him from doing so

http://www.mdislander.com/sports/new-vo ... old-friend
Mount Desert Islander

Postby Speed » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 am

Regarding the above....tip of the hat from one 71 year old "sports fanatic" to another 72 year old one....enjoy the fall on PA system....
Speed

Postby CFJunior » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:03 am

Speed wrote:Regarding the above....tip of the hat from one 71 year old "sports fanatic" to another 72 year old one....enjoy the fall on PA system....

Coach Lenny DeMuro back behind the PA microphone will be truly special. Before he roamed the sidelines he did a fabulous job doing the PA for the Trojans.
CFJunior

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur