Boothbay Region has new varsity football coach

post info & talk all things Football...

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:38 am

...Crocker played for Boothbay football coaches Chris Norton and Tim Rice. As a player, Crocker learned from his high school football coaches how to mentor young athletes. “The lesson I learned was how to be a mentor. My coaches didn’t bully their players, they built relationships. I had a lot of conversations with my coaches and learned a lot about motivating players and encouraging everyone to get better.”

So far, both teams are off to a good start this summer. The girls basketball team has between 14 and 18 players participating. The football team has 33 players signed up for summer workouts. Girls basketball has an eight-game summer schedule, will compete in the Gold Rush Invitational Tournament this weekend at Colby College, and will host the annual Lobster Jam tournament in July.

The football team began weekly workout sessions June 22. Crocker will hold two sessions per day in July before taking a break and resuming pre-season practice in mid-August.

http://www.boothbayregister.com/article ... ches/88340
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Boothbay:: wins season opener 19-0 over Telstar

Postby Village Soup » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:26 am

Boothbay wins season opener 19-0 over Telstar
Coach Ed Crocker notches first varsity coaching win

Boothbay scored its first win of the season, 19-0, over Telstar of Bethel in Class E football action at Sherman Field Friday night. Boothbay scored twice on long passes from quarterback Jay Hasch to Hunter Crocker giving the Seahawks a 13-0 halftime lead. Two back George Swope scored the lone second half touchdown on a reverse play. Early in the third quarter, Crocker ran the ball right and then handed off to Swope running left. The two back ran 35 yards for the score.

Telstar had two deep excursions into Boothbay territory in the first half before fumbling twice to end its scoring bid. Boothbay’s defense tightened as the game progressed.

http://www.boothbayregister.com/article ... star/91431
Village Soup

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur