MFCA CLINIC

post info & talk all things Football...

MFCA CLINIC

Postby coach hath » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:51 am

The Maine Football Coaches Association is holding our annual clinic today at the Hilton in Auburn, starting at 2pm. Any coach who did not register (youth, middle or HS) but would like to attend can register at the door. Looking forward to a great clinic. 1st one without Coach Haley greeting us at the door will be tough! That being said, my hand won't lose circulation from his death grip hand shake and our line may move a hair quicker. Coach would be proud of the speakers we have lined up and the effort the mfca has put in to making this a great clinic. Huge focus on fundamentals, techniques and youth football this year! All Maine colleges will be represented and we also have guys with Maine connections coming from Yale, Springfield, and Sacred Heart. Coaches Hathaway (leavitt), Kezal (TA) and Cooper (BE) will be giving presentations on youth football topics. We were unable to secure an 8 man football speaker, but will be looking to hold an 8 man clinic in late april/early may. Coach Charlton from UMaine will get his first opportunity to address the group , new coordinators Coach Dressner/Coach Ryan and O-line Coach Denecke are all presenting. Should be a great night.
Huge Thanks to Skip Capone for directing this event!
coach hath

Re: MFCA CLINIC

Postby celtic31 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 am

A big “thank you” to the new leadership group of the MFCA and coach Capone for admirably filling the void left when we lost Coach Haley to continue putting on a wonderful coaching clinic. As a coach that has been away for a couple of years, returning to the clinic and catching up with old friends, seeing some great young college and high school coaches teach their crafts, and just being in that environment was such a great feeling!
celtic31

Re: MFCA CLINIC

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:39 am

To bad that the Maine High School Basketball Coaches Association couldn't draw enough coaches in Maine to hold their clinic in 2017. Did they have enough for 2018? I know more coaching goes into football at any level compared to basketball, but you can always learn something at a clinic. Doesn't help Maine high school basketball not to have enough interested in attending their own organization's clinic(s).

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MAINE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION FOR AN OUTSTANDING JOB OF RUNNING GREAT FOOTBALL CLINICS.

I miss Mike Haley as well, as I knew him well. He student taught for me in Phys. Ed. at Orono High School, we joined Eastern Maine IAABO 111 together in 1968 and reffed a lot of the JV and Freshmen basketball games at Orono before he joined the board. Then he reffed some of my games at Bangor in the 70's.

Great coach, but even greater human being.
bcbc55

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur