No Streaming Kennebunk at Marshwood

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: No Streaming Kennebunk at Marshwood

Postby TAallday » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:24 am

Have any of your heard Drew Bonifant discuss this game on his podcast with Lazarczyk?

Man, Bonifant seems to be underestimating the Hawks in this one...mentions of Kennebunk being able to win 40-14. He did state that it could be closer at one time though. In my mind, Marshwood is the favorite for now, although I think it will be a great game.

Take a listen to the final five or so minutes of the podcast at this link Marshwood...motivation city.

https://www.centralmaine.com/2018/10/17 ... -week-8-3/
TAallday

Postby BBOCFAN » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:15 am

I’ve seen both teams play once against Biddeford. I like both, but Marshwood looked a lot stronger and physical. Strictly based on what I’ve seen, my prediction is Marshwood 42 & Kennebunk 14. Both beat Biddeford, but Marshwood’s strength and level of play was impressive. The difference was significant. Walked away from Marshwood game feeling “ that is a solid team”. From what I saw, Marshwood front is a challenge for any team in any class. I don’t see Kennebunk being able to handle them. Who you have in backfield and how far someone can throw is irrelevant if you can’t run a play. I’ll say it this way. If both teams played to full potential, Marshwood stands out as superior team. However, this is high school football. You never know what is going to happen on a given day / night. Maybe I was fooled, but I don’t think so. Scores against Falmouth are somewhat telling as well. With this said, I also thought nobody was going to touch BE last year after seeing them dismantle TA in regular season. We all know how the post season went in class A. Even though you beat up on my team, good luck to Marshwood and Kennebunk tomorrow night. Next time the two teams meet will be more important.
BBOCFAN

Postby MattyB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Marshwood is the Maine High School Football version of the Patriots.
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
105Sports.com
MattyB

Postby hoops88 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:57 pm

The Patriots if they got a new QB every two years?

Every game I have been to, I have seen 3 or 4 kids on the teams that Marshwood has played that could play for Marshwood. The problem is they need more than those few kids. Marshwood just seems to have a lot of those players. And every year a new batch is harvested from the junior programs. That is good coaching, development programs, weight training, etc.

When Marshwood gets a long run, it is because their OL is moving and getting good blocks out in front of the playI and the running backs are patiently waiting for a hole to open up to explode through. But some of that is missed tackling and not getting to the sideline first, underestimating the speed of their backs.

Definitely not moving their DL. So teams need to run plays around them. Right now there are not many weaknesses that I see. They fixed all the little things I saw in the beginning of the year. Even their pass defense has vastly improved.

I haven't seen Kennebunk. But as far as comparing scores, understand that most games, the starters played one half and maybe 3 minutes in the 3rd on average. Not sure if these road teams bring many of their JV players with them? Because sometimes the Marshwood JV was playing the starters and still scoring.
hoops88

Postby TAallday » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:50 pm

I agree that Marshwood should be the favorite for three reasons.

1) Their line play is superior on both sides of the ball...very physical.
2) Rotsko is one of the best coaches in NE history.
3) Tommy Springer seems to make plays in big moments. Bush is just as talented, but I think if I had to chose one QB in all of Maine to lead my team for one game, it would be Tommy Springer...and not just because he has a great name either.
TAallday

Postby Rams1998 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Crazy stat here, apologies if you've seen it...

Since Kennebunk joined the league in 2013, Marshwood is 44-5 against everyone not named Kennebunk, but only 4-4 vs. Kennebunk.
Rams1998

Postby Details » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Rams1998 wrote:Crazy stat here, apologies if you've seen it...

Since Kennebunk joined the league in 2013, Marshwood is 44-5 against everyone not named Kennebunk, but only 4-4 vs. Kennebunk.

Kind of what I'd expect. Both very good programs with good coaching.
Details

Postby joeschmoe2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:04 pm

hoops88 wrote:I haven't seen Kennebunk. But as far as comparing scores, understand that most games, the starters played one half and maybe 3 minutes in the 3rd on average. Not sure if these road teams bring many of their JV players with them? Because sometimes the Marshwood JV was playing the starters and still scoring.

It still blows my mind that people think that there is this large wellspring of JV players at these schools. At least for B South teams, that's the whole program you see on the sidelines on Friday nights. In Greely's case, it's 18 kids. Biddeford, Noble and Falmouth have decent numbers (35 or so+ I would guess). I don't know about the Northern schools Marshwood played.
joeschmoe2

Postby BrowardHandicapper » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Marshwood's "Varsity" roster according to Maxpreps is 78 and Kennebunk's is 36. I'm assuming that is JV and Varsity combined for those teams, is what you are saying?
BrowardHandicapper

Postby BrowardHandicapper » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Found these Marshwood vs Kennebunk game highlight from 1980 on YouTube.... If I not mistaken Kennebunk HC Joe Rafferty was in his 2nd season here with Kennebunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltq2Z61ri-A
BrowardHandicapper

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur