CENTRAL MAINE 7V7 LEAGUE @ LEAVITT

post info & talk all things Football...

CENTRAL MAINE 7V7 LEAGUE @ LEAVITT

Postby coach hath » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:06 am

The Central Maine 7v7 Passing League opens up play tonight at Leavitt High School from 5-8 pm.
17 varsity teams and 9 jv teams will compete over the next 3 weeks.
The schedule link for each week is here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Looking forward to getting out on the field tonight with our guys and seeing the other players and coaches.
No pads, but the first night of 7v7 means the regular season is right around the corner!
Bring a chair and come check it out. Snack Shack is open and the footballs will be flying around!
Looks like the weather is going to cooperate. Should be a great night!
coach hath

Re: CENTRAL MAINE 7V7 LEAGUE @ LEAVITT

Postby Firestarter85 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:51 am

how did teams look ?

heard skowhegan has some good young recievers for Christopher watch out for the indians again
Firestarter85

Postby coach hath » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:04 pm

I'll post results later with next week's schedule, but it was clear week 1 that coaches cared less about wins and losses and more about getting everyone a lot of reps and coaching kids up. A lot of kids and coaches out there on the fields!
We didn't play Skowhegan, but I watched some of their games vs. gardiner and cony. Christopher can spin it for sure. It may take a bit for he and his receivers to get on the same page as a lot of them are new, but they definitely had some good athletes out there. Bell and Barnes will be a tough combo to replace....those guys were studs!
I would say coming away from week 1 that the teams in Division 1 are very even. There were a lot of close games. Of the teams I saw Cony, EL, Lewiston, Leavitt and Gardiner were all solid. A lot of good athletes around the field for all of them. In Division 2 a lot of close games as well. Lisbon, Spruce and Mt.Valley have good squads and Freeport and Leavitt 2 both won 3 of their 4 games.
Other than Christopher, a lot of young or new QB's. Liked what I saw from 3 sophomore qbs...Rawstron (OH), Charest (EL) and Hathaway (Leavitt). Poland has a good junior QB in Downing too. Coach Emerson had the Knights playing with a lot of enthusiasm and effort.
coach hath

Postby coach hath » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Week #2 on Friday 5-8pm at Leavitt. 18 schools and 31 teams competing this week. weather looks good!
should be a great night.
here is a link to the schedule + standings.
coach hath

Postby MattyB » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:14 pm

7-on-7s come in handy for running and passing teams alike: https://t.co/kpyXJpJjJi
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
105Sports.com
MattyB

Postby vikes » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Any results
vikes

Postby coach hath » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Results and next week's schedule are here

Cony, Spruce and Leavitt all went 4-0 but I would say there is still a much bigger emphasis on teaching and evaluating over winning. I'm sure once the playoff round begins it will get a bit more competitive.
A couple of other teams that I saw live...Winthrop/Monmouth and Mt. Blue both looked solid. They both have a good core of athletes who can run and are pretty physical.
coach hath

Postby Tiger1985 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi Coach, Weather on Sunday is not looking good. What is the plan if the weather is bad? Thanks!
Tiger1985

Postby coach hath » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:10 pm

we are hoping the weather changes a bit in our favor and we can play. The final decision will be made sunday at noon. If we cannot play sunday we will play saturday july 28th 5-8pm.
coach hath

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur