Leavitt:: Hornets edge Vikings in OT

post info & talk all things Field Hockey...

Postby SJ » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:29 am

Leavitt field hockey holds off Edward Little

..."I try to stay low and watch every movement," DeMascio said.

She had to Saturday. After having a relatively easy first half-to-three-quarters of a game against Class A opponent Edward Little, DeMascio faced a quick flurry of action — four penalty corner tries in a row.

"We're notorious for, when we allow one corner, we let a few happen," DeMascio admitted. "It's hard."

DeMascio tracked the ball well, helped turn back a furious Edward Little comeback attempt and allowed goals by Kayla Leclerc and Jaelyn Nadeau to stand as the Hornets held off the Red Eddies 2-1.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... le/2205228
Last edited by SJ on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SJ

Postby SJ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:37 am

Hornets edge Vikings in OT

...That goal just 2:32 into the overtime session gave the Hornets a sweet senior-day send-off.

"I feel really confident when I go one handed," Leclerc said. "It’s one of my strengths I have. It’s kind of going down the field, I just look straight to the goal. I am determined to get the shot off as soon as I get into the circle."

The Vikings (2-8-1) had their opportunities late in the game, earning four consecutive penalty corners in a 1:10 stretch in the final four minutes.

"We were just talking about how we don’t always feel like there’s a whole charge in the circle and how we get that to happen," Oxford Hills coach Cynthia Goddard said. "So we can have more people in and around attacking the ball. We get there, but we don’t come with our forces to finish it."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ot/2210325
SJ

Return to Field Hockey: Maine High School & Amateur