Dirigo:: denies rival Mountain Valley again

post info & talk all things Field Hockey...

Postby SJ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:46 am

Hackett, Dirigo rally back to beat Oak Hill

...There was a lot on the line in the early season clash between the two teams, however, the Cougars were able to pull together and break in to the win column. Dirigo (1-2) was hoping for a spark following losses to Spruce Mountain and Winthrop.

"In the second half we played with more intensity," Dirigo coach Gretchen Curtis said. "We had been outplayed in the first half by Oak Hill. But we stepped up. The front line worked hard, and it is mostly freshmen."

The Cougars came out on fire for the first few minutes in the second half and regained the momentum. Sophia Jacques hit a high shot off the left post. The onslaught put the Raiders defense back on their heels.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ll/2196056
Last edited by SJ on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SJ

Postby SJ » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:07 am

Dirigo denies rival Mountain Valley again

..."Whenever Mountain Valley and us play you can expect an intense game that goes back and forth," Dirigo coach Gretchen Curtis said, referring to Dirigo freshman Kailey Hackett scoring with seconds left in overtime to beat the Falcons 11 days ago in Dixfield. "We didn't give in the entire game, compared to when we usually have lagged for a few minutes in most of our games."

The Cougars came out on fire for the first few minutes in the second half and advanced the ball directly into the offensive circle. Timberlake hit a shot off Mountain Valley goalie Aylssa Akers (11 saves); however, the ball bounced out and found Timberlake's stick. The sophomore forward alertly passed across to Perreault in front of the right post.

"My job was to get the ball in to Grace in the middle. Then when the ball came back out to Grace, then I knew that I needed to get over near the post," said Perreault, who backhanded a low shot that skidded past Akers.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... in/2204434
SJ

Return to Field Hockey: Maine High School & Amateur