Cony:: tops Gardiner

post info & talk all things Field Hockey...

Postby CM Newspapers » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:00 am

Dominant second half lifts Cony field hockey to opening win
Freshman Reny scores twice, Rams stifle Edward Little offense in 4-1 victory.

... “The difference from the first 30 minutes, the first half to the second half was like night and day,” Daigle said. “We kind of came out flat, (it’s the) first game, we haven’t played a full game yet this preseason. I think it took us a while to kind of get into the swing of things, but in the second half, I was really, really happy with the girls’ intensity.”

It wasn’t as if Cony’s first half of the season was a dud. The Rams struck first on a goal by Reny, and then took the lead 27 seconds before the break on a score from Kami Lambert. But the second half was a demonstration of dominance. Cony didn’t allow a shot on goal — Edward Little didn’t get another after tying the game with 12:47 left in the first half — and the Rams entrenched themselves in the Eddies’ end, piling up nine corners and rattling goalie Abby Weber-Merrill (19 saves) with shot after shot.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/08/31/ ... ening-win/
Last edited by CM Newspapers on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
CM Newspapers

Cony:: Reny scores twice in victory over Edward Little

Postby SJ » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:52 am

Reny scores twice for Cony in victory over Edward Little

..."We wanted and needed to come here and get a win here today," Daigle said. "It’s always a tough battle with Edward Little, they got girls that can carry the ball. They got girls that have really strong hits and they play a really intense game. We knew we have to be ready for them."

The Red Eddies only allowed seven shots on goal this time around, while themselves getting six shots to the cage.

Cony was led by freshman midfielder Julia Reny, who had two goals in the first game and had both goals Thursday. She credited the playmakers to allow her to finish the chances she had.

"You always want to, as a (midfielder), a back or whoever is taking the hits, send (the ball) to open space," Reny said. "It’s our job to be cutting on to it and making sure we are there."

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... le/2203785
SJ

Postby CM Newspapers » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:22 am

Cony field hockey tops Gardiner
Alexis Couverette and Cari Hopkins score for Rams in 9th Annual Drive Out Cancer game.

...Host Cony won 2-0 on the scoreboard, but the real winner was the Alfond Center for Cancer Care which will get all the proceeds from the gate — more than 400 fans attended — raffles and donations. Since the series began, more than $73,000 has been raised and donated to the Alfond Center.

“I can’t even explain my feelings right now,” said Cony senior Olivia Varney, whose grandmother Anne Marie Varney was one of the honorees for the game. “This means the world to me, the cause, everything. I look forward to this game every year. Everything about today is awesome.”

Mark Stickney was the honoree for Gardiner and both were part of a pre-game ceremony that included or honored past cancer victims or survivors.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/10/05/ ... diner-2-0/
CM Newspapers

Return to Field Hockey: Maine High School & Amateur