Sydney Meader & Hannah Abbott commit to UMaine

post info & talk all things Field Hockey...

Sydney Meader & Hannah Abbott commit to UMaine

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:35 am

Sydney Meader again named to all-state field hockey team

... Meader, who set a single season scoring record with 24 goals this past season and now has the school record for goals scored with 48, will be honored along with the 73 other all-state players in classes A, B and C at the MFHA banquet at the Augusta Civic Center on Sunday, Dec. 4 at 1 p.m.

“Sydney is an outstanding athlete that performs at a very high level,” said BRHS coach Donna Jordan. “In 2016 she was a first-team Mountain Valley Conference All-Star and a finalist for MVC Player of the Year. She is one of the few players that has a field hockey goal set up in her yard. Her hard work is definitely paying off and I look forward to working with Syd in 2017.”

http://www.boothbayregister.com/article ... team/78771
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Sydney Meader verbally commits to play UMaine

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:35 am

Sydney Meader verbally commits to play UMaine field hockey

Boothbay Region High School junior Sydney Meader has verbally committed to play field hockey at the University of Maine at Orono after graduating high school, according to BRHS field hockey coach Donna Jordan and BRHS athletic director Allan Crocker. Jordan said Meader made the commitment recently after meeting with UMaine coach Josette Babineau.

Meader, daughter of Michelle Bouchard and Bernie Meader of Boothbay, is a two-time state field hockey all-star, the school record holder for goals in a season (24 in 2016) and goals in a career (48 in three years, 2014-2016). She was a first team Mountain Valley Conference all-star in 2016 and was named to the MVC second team in 2014 and 2015.

When asked why she chose UMaine, Meader said Monday, “I wanted to stay close enough to home so my family and coaches could watch me play. I also played club field hockey there (for former UMaine assistant coach Courtney Veinotte, who is now coaching at Hofstra University).”

http://www.boothbayregister.com/article ... ckey/83384
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Sydney Meader verbally commits to play UMaine

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:40 am

Strong UMaine Ties for an Incoming UMaine Field Hockey Commit

UMaine field hockey has signed quite the legacy.

Hannah Abbott is a junior at Cheverus and an all-state player. Her father Steve and grandfather Walt have both be Athletic Directors at UMaine.

She and Sydney Meader from Boothbay will come to UMaine in 2018

http://wabi.tv/2017/03/21/strong-umaine ... ey-commit/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Sydney Meader & Hannah Abbott commit to UMaine

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:07 am

Daughter of former AD among two UMaine field hockey commits

... “I am excited to represent the state that I love, get an incredible education and play on a top-tier Division I field hockey team,” she said in a news release. “Coach Babineau was the one who first introduced me to field hockey so I am especially pleased to have the chance to play for her.”

Abbott is also a track athlete at Cheverus, competing in the sprints and the shot put.

Meader, whose 48 career goals are also a school record, was a first-team All-Mountain Valley Conference selection last season after being a second-team pick her first two years.

She is a two-time Maine Field Hockey Association all-state selection.

She also plays lacrosse and basketball for the Seahawks.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/21/s ... at-umaine/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:57 am

Abbott Signs NLI to Join UMaine Field Hockey Continuing the Legacy

PORTLAND, MAINE (WABI)- The national signing period for athletic scholarships continues. At Cheverus, field hockey standout Hannah Abbott, who scored 43 career goals, signed her NLI to play at UMaine. It’s kind of like the family business.

Both her father Steve, and grandfather Walt were Athletic Directors at Maine. Her grandfather was also a long time head football coach of the Black Bears. He still lives in Orono and might have been the happiest of all that she's going to be a Black Bear.

http://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Abbot ... 09683.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:27 am

Cheverus field hockey standout makes U. Maine commitment official

Cheverus senior Hannah Abbott, joined by her parents, Amy and Steve, her teammates and her grandfather, Walter Abbott, signs her National Letter of Intent Tuesday morning to attend and play field hockey at the University of Maine next school year. Abbott, Cheverus’ 2016 Fall Female Athlete of the Year, who played for the Stags varsity team since her freshman year, had many schools interested in her services, but not surprisingly, she gravitated to the Black Bears, where her father served as an athletic director and her grandfather was a longtime football coach.

“It’s so exciting, a dream come true,” said Hannah Abbott. “I started playing field hockey in seventh grade and I fell in love instantly. I knew I wanted to play in college. I talked to a lot of different schools, but I knew in my heart that (Maine) was where I wanted to be. There’s nothing better than Maine. Wherever they need me, I’ll play.”

http://www.theforecaster.net/cheverus-f ... -official/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:28 am

Abbott signs NLI to play field hockey at UMaine

...She is also a standout track athlete at Cheverus where she is a shot putter and participant in the 4 by 100 relay.

Seven months ago, in a story in the Forecaster, Cheverus coach Sally Cloutier said Abbott was a “force offensively and defensively.

“She’s mentally and physically tough, takes her play seriously and expects the same from her teammates. She is a playmaker, smart with the ball, fast and explosive as well as poised defensively,” said Cloutier.

Her coming to UMaine is dependent upon her being accepted into the school and meeting NCAA eligibility requirements.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/11/14/s ... at-umaine/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Field Hockey: Maine High School & Amateur