STEARNS AT HOULTON

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

STEARNS AT HOULTON

Postby shirefire2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:26 pm

THIS IS THE THIRD THEY WILL PLAY THIS SEASON
I know Stearns won both games on the season BUT HOULTON WAS MISSING STARTERS IN BOTH

I LOOK FOR HOULTON TO WIN THIS ONE AT HOME BY 8

ANY PREDECTIONS
shirefire2

Re: STEARNS AT HOULTON

Postby Iknownothing » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:22 pm

Good Match up. Can the Houlton defense slow down the Alley girls? Let's see how both coaches adjust from their two regular season matchups. As you said Houlton was shorthanded in those games. Coach Cullen will need to account for that. Look for Robinson of Stearns to have a big day in the middle on the defensive end, she could be the difference. I say Stearns by 7.
Iknownothing

Postby CFJunior » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 am

Here is my prediction. The winner of this game will advance to the semi-finals to play either PVHS or Narraguagus.
CFJunior

Postby refrider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:11 am

The only question is which Houlton team shows up. They have played some great games and then well they have played some terrible games. And to be truthful, it doesn't seem to matter what the opponent is doing. They either play well or stink!
refrider

Postby FPD06 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:12 pm

CFJunior wrote:Here is my prediction. The winner of this game will advance to the semi-finals to play either PVHS or Narraguagus.

Bold my man.

Houlton has only beaten CAHS both times they played and Stearns over Houlton twice. I like the witty sarcasm though, it is refreshing on here. I will say Houlton over Stearns by single digits.

Then
Houlton over CAHS
Dexter over FF
Calais over Mad
Narraguagas over PVHS

Yes, 3 lower seeds and that really isn't that bold.
FPD06

Postby newmember » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Refrider, you made me chuckle. Your observation is so true. When playing at their best they could probably beat anyone in C North. They have been in most every game for while. SA beat them really bad in Houlton, they barely put up a fight. But the very next game they beat up on CA on the road. Holding them to 4pts over the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Hopefully we get the team from CA game tonight. That team can't lose.
newmember

Postby shirefire2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 pm

WEBB HAS BANGOR ZEBRAS IN THIS GAME

WHERE ARE THE COUNTY GUYS

WEBB NEEDS TO GO
shirefire2

Postby shirefire2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:31 pm

HALFTIME

STEARNS 22
HOULTON 17
shirefire2

Postby shirefire2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:11 pm

Final
Stearns 50
Houlton 32

Stearns played great
shirefire2

Postby bigballfan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Stearns beats Houlton for the third time this year. Both teams are very young and should be very competitive for the next few years. According to WHOU, it was K. Alley (junior) with 18 points and A. Alley (frosh) with 17 points.

Now the Lady Minutemen will go to Bangor to face the number 1 seed in the heal points, Central Aroostook. It appears as though almost everybody is favoring Stearns to win this game even though Stearns is the lower seed. Houlton did beat Central Aroostook both times this year, although as well we all know, basketball is a game of matchups. (E.g. Maine beat North Carolina and North Carolina beat Notre Dame so obviously Maine would beat Notre Dame, right? lol.)

Regardless of the result in the QF, it was a great year for a young Stearns team that starts 2 frosh, 2 sophomores and 1 junior (and the first player off the bench is a frosh.)

If I were to make predictions, I do think that 3 of the lower seeds will win during the QF in Bangor, with Stearns, Narraguagus, Calais and Dexter advancing to the Semis. But I guess we will see. Most years, I am surprised about at least once of the results.
bigballfan

Next

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur