Storm on Tuesday night and Wednesday?

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Storm on Tuesday night and Wednesday?

Postby dukefan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:17 pm

From what the news has said this morning, we have a decent sized snowfall coming starting Tuesday night. I am wondering if this will have any affect on times or the boys games on Wednesday. If it were me I would move the times up on Tuesday and then see how long it snows on Wednesday. Do any posters have a opinion or a guess on what might happen?

Your friend dukefan PS they looked pretty good last night against Virginia 8-)
dukefan

Re: Storm on Tuesday night and Wednesday?

Postby FPD06 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:50 am

I have a feeling Bob some games might get moved to Tuesdays, but some to Thursday(that can be afforded to do so. I.E. C/D teams without any quarterfinal matchups until next Tuesday kind of deal.) Putting all the Prelims on one night could be an issue with gym time, referee shortage, who knows, etc.

Yes, Duke looked good Saturday Night. They were obviously damn good from beyond the arc, and that was pretty much the difference.
FPD06

Postby twoseasons » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 am

FPD06 wrote:I have a feeling Bob some games might get moved to Tuesdays, but some to Thursday(that can be afforded to do so. I.E. C/D teams without any quarterfinal matchups until next Tuesday kind of deal.) Putting all the Prelims on one night could be an issue with gym time, referee shortage, who knows, etc.

The only issue with moving games to Thursday are the Class B quarterfinal games that are played Friday night. Some of the teams would have less than 24 hours to prepare for their next game.
twoseasons

Postby hoopsisme » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Would assume, as stated above, that b games get moved. Orono v WA boys moved to tuesday already.
hoopsisme

Postby FPD06 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Yeah I knew some of the classes had Quarterfinals on Friday and Saturday, but nearly all of C and D in Northern Maine play Tuesday and Monday next week, so Thursday is fine.
FPD06

Postby dukefan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Calais girls will play Central at 5 tomorrow night instead of 6
dukefan

Postby FPD06 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 am

dukefan wrote:Calais girls will play Central at 5 tomorrow night instead of 6

I work until 6, can I get updates via text?
FPD06

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur