Heal Point Calculations Help

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Heal Point Calculations Help

Postby Basketball_Fanatic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:07 am

I'm trying to figure out the whole heal Point system. Reading the MPA site is confusing.
Can anyone put it in simple terms. Premlinary index is how many tourney points you are worth to oposing teams correct?

So let's look at John bapst they have a pi of 8.4444 so let's say today Belfast who has a pi of 1 played them and beat them. Belfasts PI would now be 3.1? Going up 2.1 with the win? That would put Belfasts TI at 4.6913? Am I right or wrong? Would this loss do anything to John Bapsts pi or ti?
Basketball_Fanatic

Re: Heal Point Calculations Help

Postby Claude » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 am

Basketball_Fanatic wrote:I'm trying to figure out the whole heal Point system. Reading the MPA site is confusing.
Can anyone put it in simple terms. Premlinary index is how many tourney points you are worth to oposing teams correct?

So let's look at John bapst they have a pi of 8.4444 so let's say today Belfast who has a pi of 1 played them and beat them. Belfasts PI would now be 3.1? Going up 2.1 with the win? That would put Belfasts TI at 4.6913? Am I right or wrong? Would this loss do anything to John Bapsts pi or ti?

Belfasts P.I. would now be 2.111. The 1.00 is the lowest any team can go. It is not added to the previous 1.00. Belfasts' new TI would indeed be about 4.69. John Bapsts PI would remain the same with a loss. Their TI could go up depending on helper points (what the teams they beat did).

Remember once a PI and TI is earned (by wins) it can never go down.
Claude

Postby Basketball_Fanatic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:44 am

Ok gotcha. Thank you
Basketball_Fanatic

Postby lovethegame » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:46 am

Claude wrote:
Basketball_Fanatic wrote:I'm trying to figure out the whole heal Point system. Reading the MPA site is confusing.

Belfasts P.I. would now be 2.111. The 1.00 is the lowest any team can go. It is not added to the previous 1.00. Belfasts' new TI would indeed be about 4.69. John Bapsts PI would remain the same with a loss. Their TI could go up depending on helper points (what the teams they beat did).

Remember once a PI and TI is earned (by wins) it can never go down.

Claude's "helper" points are known as residuals. If you beat a team, every time they win a game and their PI goes up, then those few points will be calculated into your TI. So the more wins you get, the more residuals you will collect as the season moves along as long as the teams you beat continue to win increasing their PI.
lovethegame

Postby Basketball_Fanatic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am

Great thanks
Basketball_Fanatic

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur