My class C state top 10

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby CountyCat10 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:55 pm

I haven't seen much of Class C South play but here's my list.

1. Boothbay 15-0
2.Calais 12-0 (Much improved from last years team that was already good)
3.Dexter 11-3 (STOP OVERLOOKING THIS TEAM)
4. Winthrop 11-2
5.Stearns 11-3 (Great guard play takes you far in tourney)
6.Houlton 8-7 (May have the toughest schedule in the state)
7.Monmouth 12-4
8.Narraguagus 14-1 (Really tough/gritty team with no heal points on their schedule)
9.CA 12-2 (NOT the number 1 team like the heal points indicate BUT still could make some noise)
10. NYA 11-3

First Two Out: PVHS (10-4) Madawaska(11-2)
CountyCat10
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:40 am

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby Narrfan19 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:46 pm

My top 10 as of 2-3-2019
1- Calais- 16-0
2- Boothbay- 17-0
3- Narraguagus- 15-1
4- Winthrop- 13-2
5- Dexter- 13-3
6- Monmouth- 13-4
7- Stearns- 13-3
8- Central Aroostook- 14-3
9- penobscot Valley- 12-4
10- North Yarmouth- 12-4
10- Houlton- 8-8
At the door: Fort-Fairfield-12-4, Maddawaska-12-4,Hall-Dale-10-6,OOB-10-6,Hodgdon-9-7,Saint Dom's-9-7
User avatar
Narrfan19
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:34 pm
Location: Milbridge USA.

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby Lwyrup » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:04 am

Narrfan19 wrote:My top 10 as of 2-3-2019
1- Calais- 16-0
2- Boothbay- 17-0
3- Narraguagus- 15-1
4- Winthrop- 13-2
5- Dexter- 13-3
6- Monmouth- 13-4
7- Stearns- 13-3
8- Central Aroostook- 14-3
9- penobscot Valley- 12-4
10- North Yarmouth- 12-4
10- Houlton- 8-8
At the door: Fort-Fairfield-12-4, Maddawaska-12-4,Hall-Dale-10-6,OOB-10-6,Hodgdon-9-7,Saint Dom's-9-7



You do understand that Calais has 8 wins against 4 teams which have a total of 9 wins in class C and Boothbay has 3 wins vs #1,#6,and #8 in class B south, where Calais has a Couple of wins vs #15 in Class B North, who scored a total of 42 points vs #1,#6 and #8 (DNP) in Class B north
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby newmember » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:25 pm

1. Dexter
2. Calais
3. Stern's
4. Penobscot
5. Narr
6. Houlton
7. Central Arostook
8. Penquis
9. Madawaska
10. Central
Wouldn't try to rate southern teams
newmember
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby Narrfan19 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:12 pm

Lwyrup wrote:
Narrfan19 wrote:My top 10 as of 2-3-2019
1- Calais- 16-0
2- Boothbay- 17-0
3- Narraguagus- 15-1
4- Winthrop- 13-2
5- Dexter- 13-3
6- Monmouth- 13-4
7- Stearns- 13-3
8- Central Aroostook- 14-3
9- penobscot Valley- 12-4
10- North Yarmouth- 12-4
10- Houlton- 8-8
At the door: Fort-Fairfield-12-4, Maddawaska-12-4,Hall-Dale-10-6,OOB-10-6,Hodgdon-9-7,Saint Dom's-9-7



You do understand that Calais has 8 wins against 4 teams which have a total of 9 wins in class C and Boothbay has 3 wins vs #1,#6,and #8 in class B south, where Calais has a Couple of wins vs #15 in Class B North, who scored a total of 42 points vs #1,#6 and #8 (DNP) in Class B north

I heard all this in 2016 and who ended up winning the state? Narraguagus did just because a good team plays a weaker schedule doesn't mean they can't compete now dose it!
User avatar
Narrfan19
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:34 pm
Location: Milbridge USA.

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby Lwyrup » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Narrfan19 wrote:
Lwyrup wrote:
Narrfan19 wrote:My top 10 as of 2-3-2019
1- Calais- 16-0
2- Boothbay- 17-0
3- Narraguagus- 15-1
4- Winthrop- 13-2
5- Dexter- 13-3
6- Monmouth- 13-4
7- Stearns- 13-3
8- Central Aroostook- 14-3
9- penobscot Valley- 12-4
10- North Yarmouth- 12-4
10- Houlton- 8-8
At the door: Fort-Fairfield-12-4, Maddawaska-12-4,Hall-Dale-10-6,OOB-10-6,Hodgdon-9-7,Saint Dom's-9-7



You do understand that Calais has 8 wins against 4 teams which have a total of 9 wins in class C and Boothbay has 3 wins vs #1,#6,and #8 in class B south, where Calais has a Couple of wins vs #15 in Class B North, who scored a total of 42 points vs #1,#6 and #8 (DNP) in Class B north

I heard all this in 2016 and who ended up winning the state? Narraguagus did just because a good team plays a weaker schedule doesn't mean they can't compete now dose it!


I believe that is the reason Boothbay has a different coach now!
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby Lwyrup » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:33 pm

Calais getting their Class B game next year from Houlton?
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby Narrfan19 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:19 pm

Lwyrup wrote:Calais getting their Class B game next year from Houlton?

Dont know that would be a good question for Dukefan.
User avatar
Narrfan19
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:34 pm
Location: Milbridge USA.

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby newmember » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:35 am

We kept Calais last time we went to B in 2015. Not that it guarantees it goes that way again. I think they are the longest road trip. I think they are worth keeping because both boys and girls usually put a good team on the floor most every year. It's not even final on the move up yet is it? I know it's likely.
newmember
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby Green17 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:29 am

Lwyrup,
“I believe that is the reason Boothbay has a different coach now!”
I highly doubt that Boothbay got a new coach because they lost a state game, two years prior. Just a hunch
Green17
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 81 guests