My class C state top 10

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Re: My class C state top 10

Postby KnightsFan18 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Its not the easiest to pick up teams on the schedule they have to be willing to play you, we were lucky enough to get in the PVC a couple years ago but so far hasn't been much of a help, by the time we got Bucksport and GSA on the schedule GSA gave us one good year where they beat us twice but other than that neither have done much to speak of with a combined 4 wins this season aside from that the only other team we picked up was Lee Academy which is no help to anybody aside 1 point on a season and dropped them the next year, hoping these teams improve over the next few years to give us some competition, getting tired of watching blowouts. On another note cant wait for tourney week to watch some good basketball :D
KnightsFan18

Postby KnightsFan18 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:49 pm

My State Class C top 10 as of 1/25

1. Boothbay 15-0
2. Calais 11-0
3. Winthrop 11-2
4. Madawaska 11-1
5. Narraguagus 14-1
6. Dexter 11-3
7. Central Aroostook 12-2
8. North Yarmouth 11-3
9. Monmouth 11-4
10. Stearns 11-3
KnightsFan18

Postby newmember » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:35 am

Are you guys rating Madawaska so high on heal points or have you seen them play? I feel like they are way overrated. They haven't really beat anyone other then SA. I bet they don't get the same result in the rematch today. Other then that they are living on class D wins, most of which aren't even at .500 in D. I also think central Aroostook will get exposed at tourney when they have to play other C teams.
newmember

Postby dukefan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:44 am

newmember wrote:Are you guys rating Madawaska so high on heal points or have you seen them play? I feel like they are way overrated. They haven't really beat anyone other then SA. I bet they don't get the same result in the rematch today. Other then that they are living on class D wins, most of which aren't even at .500 in D. I also think central Aroostook will get exposed at tourney when they have to play other C teams.

You were right SA stomped Madawaska yesterday by 26. I don't want jinx my team, But I don't see anyone in Bangor beating Calais. We have a great outside game and a great inside game this year. A lot of bad things happened last year that were tragic for the team and the community. Things are different this year.
dukefan

Postby Narrfan19 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:26 pm

dukefan wrote:
newmember wrote:

You were right SA stomped Madawaska yesterday by 26. I don't want jinx my team, But I don't see anyone in Bangor beating Calais. We have a great outside game and a great inside game this year. A lot of bad things happened last year that were tragic for the team and the community. Things are different this year.

Watch out Dukefan but Narraguagus is coming for you!! :D
Narrfan19

Postby Narrfan19 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:52 pm

My top 10 as of 1-27-2019
1- Calais- 12-0
2- Boothbay- 15-0
3- Winthrop- 11-2
4- Narraguagus- 14-1
5- Monmouth- 12-4
6- Houlton- 8-7
7- Dexter- 11-3
8- Central Aroostook- 12-2
9- Stearns- 11-3
10- North Yarmouth- 11-3
At the door: Madawaska-11-2,Central-9-4,Hebron-10-2,Fort-Fairfield-10-4,Ponobscot Valley-10-4,Old Orchard-9-5,Hall-Dale-9-5,Fort-Kent-8-5,Searsport-8-6
Narrfan19

Postby dukefan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:45 pm

Narrfan19 wrote:
dukefan wrote:
newmember wrote:

Watch out Dukefan but Narraguagus is coming for you!! :D

I will be looking forward to it when Narr comes to Calais on Feb 6
dukefan

Postby Lebron06 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Dukefan, I'm actually a little concerned about Calais. I will be pulling for them but their schedule isn't doing them any favors like Guagus. People have written Dexter off a little, but I don't think they realize that when Dexter went through about a 5 game span where they lost 3 games and won a couple games by a 1 point, they were down one of their best players.(Herrick). She is really good both offensively and defensively. That would be equivalent to Calais losing McVicar or Cook which would be devasting to them also. I gotta believe Dexter will still be standing come the EM finals...As long as Calais isn't in their bracket, I see these two playing in the finals.
And Ive seen Boothbay, they are excellent. The Blevin sisters s are great!
Lebron06

Postby dukefan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:45 pm

Lebron06 wrote:Dukefan, I'm actually a little concerned about Calais. I will be pulling for them but their schedule isn't doing them any favors like Guagus. People have written Dexter off a little, but I don't think they realize that when Dexter went through about a 5 game span where they lost 3 games and won a couple games by a 1 point, they were down one of their best players.(Herrick). She is really good both offensively and defensively. That would be equivalent to Calais losing McVicar or Cook which would be devasting to them also. I gotta believe Dexter will still be standing come the EM finals...As long as Calais isn't in their bracket, I see these two playing in the finals.
And Ive seen Boothbay, they are excellent. The Blevin sisters s are great!

Thanks for your concern, But Dexter doesn't have the toughest schedule either. Exception is that a couple of teams on their schedule have won a few games. Have saw them play online and in person in preseason. I was not all that impressed. But you never know when you get to Bangor. We have Houlton Narraguagus and Woodland coming up, That should give us some points.
dukefan

Postby Narrfan19 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:32 pm

You guys just keep on over looking Narragugus, that's the way we like it we will jump out and bite you when your least expecting it!! ;)
Narrfan19

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur