Tourney Streaming

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Tourney Streaming

Postby iron5 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 am

Who will be streaming tournament games this year?
iron5

Re: Tourney Streaming

Postby twoseasons » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:42 am

From the mpa website: http://www.mpa.cc/

"The boys' and girls' semifinal and regional final basketball games will be live-streamed through the Northeast Sports Network as well as being available through the NFHS Network. The state championship basketball games may be viewed on Maine Public Broadcsting Network (MPBN).

To access the live streaming, you will need to purchase a subscription at www.NFHSnetwork.com/me. The event will also be available on mobile devices at m.nfhsnetwork.com and subscribers can download the NFHS Network app from the iTunes store."

NFHS is $14.95 for the month which is paid off after just two games...
twoseasons

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:24 am

QTR-finals are PPV video streamed via NFHS ...
https://gofan.co/app/school/MPA
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby zingervid » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:42 pm

I don't see any of the AA Quarterfinals scheduled for streaming. I think that is due to the games being held at the higher seeds this year instead of at the ACC. Any further info on that,Tom?
Rob Munzing
Munzing Media
zingervid

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:38 am

zingervid wrote:I don't see any of the AA Quarterfinals scheduled for streaming. I think that is due to the games being held at the higher seeds this year instead of at the ACC. Any further info on that,Tom?
Rob Munzing
Munzing Media

I'd say you're right . We haven't chased info on the topic, but we'd like to be video streaming games each night of AA qtr's . We'd like to add video stream to our planned radio broadcast..

NHFS has the rights to stream qtr-finals, will they stream AA at all ? will they cherry-pick best games, leave others out ? I don't know .. They should allow groups like us ( MBR / Munzing / WHOU) to video stream without paying rights fees .. or NHFS should get hustling and get more cameras and crews up here ..
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby zingervid » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:53 am

Tom,
My best guess is that nobody is aware of this happening. It just struck me yesterday as I began to think Tourney 2018.I hope the MPA would waive the exclusive NFHS deal on the 1/4 finals and make those games available to stream by others. Those should be some pretty good matchups. I just think this was overlooked when the AA's moved out of ACC and into the higher seeds home court.I don't believe that NFHS is interested in doing these and I know it never came up in our discussions with them as we get ready to produce Augusta games for them.MM isn't going to be able to do any of these at this late date as we have Monday games at CMCC and then getting ready for Friday at ACC, but maybe you guys can get permission to stream from MPA.
Rob Munzing
Munzing Media
zingervid

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:51 pm

Coach,
People are aware. It was brought up in last MPA media meeting we attended .. I assume NHFS has right to deny others to broadcast, since they pay for rights ..

We have inquired further with MPA .. We already have radio going, so adding video to these 4 is easy for us ...

High School 2/12-2/15
MPA Tourney Time 2018
AA Quarterfinals
Stay Tuned for Stream Links
Tuesday, Feb 13th - Boys (EL) Radio
G3: #7-Cheverus (6-12) at #2-Edward Little (14-4), 5:30 p.m. - 105.5/1240

Wednesday, Feb. 14 - Girls (EL) Radio
G2: #6-Lewiston (8-10) at #3-Edward Little (11-7), 5:00 p.m. - 105.5/1240

Wednesday, Feb. 14 - Boys (Oxford Hills) Radio
G4: #6-Deering (7-11) at #3-Oxford Hills (12-6), 5:30 p.m. - 96.9/1450

Thursday, Feb. 15 - Girls (Oxford Hills) Radio
G2: #8-Deering (8-10) at #1-Oxford Hills (15-3), 5:30 p.m. 96.9/1450