Frank Spanky: MOST HEALS?!?

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Frank Spanky: MOST HEALS?!?

Postby downeastcoach11 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Houlton currently sitting with 214 tourney index and have 1 game plus help left. Most ever in any class?
downeastcoach11

Re: Frank Spanky: MOST HEALS?!?

Postby FrankSpanky » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:31 am

They will pass Greely Boys total of 216.17 set just last year. Remember preliminary index points are worth more now than in the past because of the 5 classes.
FrankSpanky

Postby MrBeauxJanglesDeux » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:33 am

To bad this isn’t NASCAR and those heals could get you through to another round. Congratulations on all those heals, but everyone has 0 points now. Best of luck to the girls in Houlton over the next couple of weeks. #HealsCantSaveYouNow #WinOrGoHome
MrBeauxJanglesDeux

Postby Therealslimshady » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:27 am

BeauxJangles, I mean Hermon, poking at Houlton again. Love it! Franky, my question is not around whether, or not, Houlton's 240 heal points is a record, but rather I am wondering what the biggest spread has been between a #1 and #2 team in the past. Houlton is over 100 heal points ahead of the 2nd place team. I have to think that is unheard of! What is the next closest spread?
Therealslimshady

Postby mcguire222 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:20 pm

I guess the motto could have been TripOrGoHome

https://ufile.io/1nsg2 - check out the link to watch a blurry trip attempt by BeauxJangles angels that happened at the end of a losing game vs PI. Wheaton could have been hurt in this incident and its uncalled for. Coach saw the entire thing and no discipline?

But your right, Hermon is playing great, my hats off to them and their season. Good luck the next two weeks Hawks.

#tripplayersandgohome #norepercussions #fake #trippingcantsaveyounow
mcguire222

Postby CountyCat10 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:14 pm

I was at that game but I guess I missed that play..... looked pretty deliberate on video......... Sad to see something like that happen.
I'm assuming whoever the girl was (Couldn't tell, too blurry) got benched for the John Bapst game??
CountyCat10

Postby mcguire222 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Played entire Bapst game. Coach made her apologize to Miss Wheaton I'm told.
mcguire222

Postby Therealslimshady » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:25 am

My computer wouldn’t play the video. So what happened? Did someone trip someone? Did the ref call something? What is the straight story?
Therealslimshady

Postby picknroll » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:37 am

It was definitely an intentional trip. It occurred after time had expired and the players were walking to their respective benches. Below is a link to a clearer video, forward it up to the last 5 seconds and you will get the entire thing. Wheaton didn't fall but the intention to cause her harm seems pretty obvious. Nothing coach or refs could do at the time as there was no time left. However, whether it was handled internally is none of my business ;-)
[url][/url]https://livestream.com/whou/events/8041017[url][/url]
If the link doesn't work, go to either the Livestream page or app or even the WHOU Facebook page and look for the link there.
picknroll

Postby Dave Wheaton » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:44 am

I am Emily's dad. A friend of mine contacted me and said that there was a post about the incident that involved Emily last weekend at the end of the PI/Hermon game and I feel it necessary to respond. The last thing I wanted to do was bring this out publicly but I am here to set the record straight and to advocate on behalf of my daughter as any parent would do in this situation. After the game was over, during the start of our boys game, Emily was told that Coach Cameron needed to see her. Coach Cameron told Emily that one of his players needed to aplogize for tripping her. Coach Cameron made the player apologize, Emily accepted, and moved on. Since the ref didn't call anything and we didn't see anything, we thought it couldn't have been that bad. We couldn't even find it when we first watched the video. It wasn't until a friend of mine told me that it was after the game. This was done not in the "heat of the moment" as some might excuse, but when Emily was at her most vulnerable, while sprinting to go celebrate with her teammates after a hard fought victory. The video clearly shows that this was intentional and Emily very easily could have been injured. It is also very clear that Coach Cameron sees the incident and reacts to it. A video of the incident was also sent to Hermon before the next game and I have personally contacted Hermon administration seeking a response as to why there were not more consequences in place. I have heard nothing. I was confident that there would be more especially after they saw the video. But this did not happen. The player started and played the very next game against John Bapst. A simple apology is not enough in my opinion. Kids make bad decisions. We know that. But it is up to the coaches and administrators to enforce consequences when they do make bad decisions especially student athletes who are supposed to be held to higher standards. This simply was not done.
Last edited by Dave Wheaton on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Dave Wheaton

Next

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur