Big matchups today

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Big matchups today

Postby Therealslimshady » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:28 am

MDI at Caribou, a must win for Caribou.
Ellsworth at PI.
#1 & 6-0 Stearns at Houlton.
Therealslimshady

Re: Big matchups today

Postby Lwyrup » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:07 pm

Therealslimshady wrote:MDI at Caribou, a must win for Caribou.
Ellsworth at PI.

The tough matchups are tomorrow with Ells v Car and MDI v PI. It’ll be chalk today PI and MDI win. Car and Ells will be in the game in the first half then fade.
Lwyrup

Postby Sandbagger » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:06 pm

Caribou 67 MDI 56.

Contrary to some earlier post appears Caribou might have the right coach. Richards has always been a classy competitor, sure she is bringing the same traits to coaching.
Sandbagger

Postby lovethegame » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Lwyrup wrote:
Therealslimshady wrote:MDI at Caribou, a must win for Caribou.
Ellsworth at PI.

The tough matchups are tomorrow with Ells v Car and MDI v PI. It’ll be chalk today PI and MDI win. Car and Ells will be in the game in the first half then fade.

I hope I am proven wrong. I love to be proven wrong. It would be great to see Caribou have an amazing year and a quick turnaround in Coach Richard's first year there. What most people don't understand is that it us usually a process and teams go through steps. Normally, a 4/5 win team doesn't have a turnaround year and put up 10+ wins right away, especially with a new program being instituted. People need to not take things to heart. I wasn't being cruel. I was being realistic from experience and statistics.

It would be wonderful for Caribou to finish above .500 and be in the middle of the pack come playoff time. Also, it's becoming apparent that the girls side of the Big East this year is down a little bit and Caribou will be able to gain some much needed experience.

Don't ever be afraid to throw some predictions out there. You can't be afraid to be wrong. Be able to back up your predictions with facts and realistic reasons and the knowledgeable ones will understand where you're coming from.

Keep on keeping on Caribou. Good luck the rest of the way. Making huge strides right now and it's a much needed thing for the program. Hope to see you play in Bangor if things keep going well.

Still sticking with my 5/6 wins though. ;) Prove me wrong. I'll be happy if you do.
Last edited by lovethegame on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
lovethegame

Postby Lebron06 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Also, don't forget Caribou has the Herbert girl back. She didn't play a year ago due to an injury. With her,
it gives them two quick guards who can both score, and they have a 6'0 post player who now has a year of
varsity experience under her belt. I don't really care who is coaching, they clearly are a better team overall and regardless of who is at the helm they were going to be better than a year ago. And yes, class B is down a bit in comparison to years past. Plus No Central and No Houlton who both would have been in the top 5 in B so it opens up some spots for other teams. And yes, I see Caribou in the mix. Only a 15 point loss at Hermon who is the early season favorite from what I understand.
Lebron06

Postby lovethegame » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:06 am

That is a great point Lebron06. The Herbert girl is back, and I wasn't taking her into consideration with my original prediction. So not knowing about all of the pieces can muck things up with predictions.
lovethegame

Postby county hoopster » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:56 am

And they didn’t get blown out by Houlton, in Houlton, and gave MCI the win by 2 at home.
county hoopster

Postby Sean Stackhouse » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:31 am

(actually by 4 but hey) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sean Stackhouse

Postby Lwyrup » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:52 am

The rubber meets the road in Hermon today when PI comes to town. Did the Hermon coaching staff watch the internet video? Is Wheaton going to be as chippy today as she was in the 4th Q in the MDI game ? Will the PI coaching staff have a different plan ? It Makes a difference when you don’t have your daughter anymore to lead the team! It will be a fun game to watch!
Lwyrup

Postby Lebron06 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:45 pm

May I ask what you mean when you make the comment it makes a difference when you don't have your daughter to lead the team because Jeff Hudson has coached a lot of years without his daughter playing and had tremendous success
Lebron06

Next

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur