Previews:

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Re: Previews:

Postby 4timegoldtimer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Watch out for the Poland girls team with a new coach.
4timegoldtimer

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 am

Madawaska Owls looking to make back to back tourney appearances

MADAWASKA, Me (WAGM) - The Madawaska girls basketball team opens the season on Monday at Washburn. The Owls are hoping to build off one of the best seasons in program history.

"Oh my gosh it was a blast. Like even though we lost one game and it wasn't a perfect record, being 17-1 hasn't happened in years for Madawaska. Just to be a part of that was a dream come true," said senior Megan Roy.

They made it straight to Bangor and fell in the quarterfinals to the eventual Northern Maine champs from Dexter. Despite the loss, it was a valuable trip for the Owls.

"I was starstruck going on the court, it was beautiful. The team that we were playing was very, very good. We walked away with a lot more experience than we went with, so I think that's a good thing

http://www.wagmtv.com/content/sports/Ow ... 02623.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:45 pm

BDN Girls' Basketball Previews:

Bangor
Brewer
Central
Dexter
Edward Little
Foxcroft Academy
GSA
Hampden
Hermon
Houlton
John Bapst
Madawaska
MDI
Messalonskee
Oxford Hills
Presque Isle
Schenck
Skowhegan
Southern Aroostook
Stearns
Winslow
Woodland

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/12/14/s ... asketball/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 pm

BDN Girls' Basketball North Previews: 10 players to watch

Houlton’s Kolleen Bouchard
Presque Isle’s Emily Wheaton
Messalonskee’s Alyssa Turner
Central’s Sydney Allen
Nokomis’ Chelsea Crockett
John Bapst’s Crystal Bell
Cheverus’ Abby Cavallaro
Lewiston’s Victoria Harris
Bailey Donovan of Hampden Academy

Oxford Hill's Julie Colby..Oxford Hill sophomore Julie Colby, according her coach Nate Pelletier, is an exceptional point guard who also averaged 11 points per game and led the Vikings in assists and rebounds. “She never turns the ball over,” said Pelletier. “She is tenacious and has very good skills. She was one of the best freshmen we saw,” said Johnson.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/12/14/s ... is-winter/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:01 am

Katahdin girls ready for the season

he Katahdin cougars girls basketball team made the trip to Bangor last year losing in the quarterfinals to number one SAHS. The Cougars lost their leading scorer Georgia Landry to graduation, but coach Jona Fitzpatrick is looking forward to another successful sea

http://www.wagmtv.com/content/sports/Ka ... 64913.html

Katahdin girls ready to roar

...Members of the 2017-18 Katahdin squad include seniors Natalie Rickards, Hannah Drew and Cheyenne Unterreiner; juniors Haley Landry, Madison Landry, Hannah Kyllonen and Alyssa Barylski; sophomores Lily Cullen, Jordyn Gardiner, Alexis Lane and Shelby Lewis; and freshmen Danielle Libby and Emma McNally.

Rickards, a 5-foot 10-inch center/forward, is a senior captain for the Cougars. “She is a player who has a great impact for us defensively,” the coach said. “She grabs a lot of rebounds. She is a leader who works very hard. Natalie has the ability to score inside as well as be a threat with her outside shot. She will be a big factor on offense for us.”

Drew, a 5-11 guard/forward, is the other senior captain on the roster and will provide key veteran leadership. “She will be starting as a guard,” the coach said. “Hannah can also play in the post. She is an excellent rebounder and a big factor defensively for us. I look for Hannah to step up and shoot the ball more this year.”

http://thecounty.me/2017/12/25/sports/k ... y-to-roar/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:04 am

Ashland girls hope to return to tournament

...Last year, Ashland broke a lengthy tournament drought and with only one senior on that squad, most of the team is back and ready to take the next step.

The Hornets, and Lothrop, will rely heavily on the team’s four seniors. Three saw extended playing time last year and the other is back after injuries prevented her from competing the last three winters.

Morgan Doughty is a fourth-year player who will be the primary point guard.

“She is strong, handles the ball well, plays good defense, and will also be able to rebound for us,” Lothrop said.

Megan Cote is another returnee who will see a lot of time at center.

http://thecounty.me/2017/12/24/sports/a ... ournament/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:05 am

Hodgdon girls have high hopes

...Returning starters for the Hawks include seniors Janelle Goff (center), Sydney Howell (forward) and Megan Russell (guard), and junior Kora Lambert (forward). According to the coach, Goff is a strong post player who can also sink the 15-foot shot; Howell was the team’s best defensive player last season; Lambert was the team’s leading rebounder and has shown fearlessness in the low post; Russell is a good ball handler who shows hustle on both ends of the court.

Others looking to make an impact for the team include seniors Kathryn Rediker (forward) and Addie Woods (center); sophomores Autumn Ganzel (forward) and Katherine Berube (center); and freshmen Emma Drew (point guard who has worked her way into the starting rotation), Allie Winship (guard), Sabra Scott (guard/forward), Brittany Hagan (guard) and Kylee Mooers (center).

The Hawks lost two key players from last year’s team following the graduation of Taylor Desrosier (an All-Aroostook point guard) and Jessica Drew.

http://thecounty.me/2017/12/24/sports/h ... igh-hopes/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:51 am

7 freshmen part of Washburn roster

...Washburn still has a youthful roster, but did suffer some significant losses even beyond graduation. Two starters as freshmen a year ago have relocated, with Maggie Castonguay transferring to Presque Isle and Skylar Mette moving to New Hampshire.

Still, the Beavers boast plenty of young talent and Poisson is gunning for a postseason berth in what should be a competitive division.

“I am hoping we can take the post-season experience [of a year ago] and the knowledge of what it takes to get there, and use it,” he said. “Team bonding and chemistry is a big thing I will focus on because if the girls are all close with each other, it can take us to a whole new level.”

The team does not have a single senior on the roster, which consists of four juniors and seven freshmen.

http://thecounty.me/2017/12/25/sports/7 ... rn-roster/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:57 am

Fort Fairfield girls seek improvement

...This year’s squad comes out with very little varsity experience and very little overall team height. Despite those factors, they will look to keep a 19-year playoff streak alive.

Larry Gardner begins his 20th year as head coach and he will challenge his players to give maximum effort each day while trying to blend the returning players with the younger, newer players on the team.

The returning players from last year’s team include five seniors: Emma Campbell, Sadie Edgecomb, Sara Edgecomb, Hunter St. Pierre and Kayla Tisdale. Others back from last year are sophomores Cammi King-Demerchant, Bailee Mallett, Amber Sherwood and Riley Clough.

The Tigers are small overall, but measuring 6 feet, 2 inches, Clough is one of the tallest girls in Aroostook County and she will be counted on to continue with the improvement she made last year. All five seniors should see plenty of court time, while King-DeMerchant was one of the team’s most dependable scorers last year as a freshman.

http://thecounty.me/2017/12/25/sports/f ... provement/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur