Play-off thread: Class B

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class B - ongoing thread

Postby lovethegame » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 pm

county hoopster wrote:I don’t know, after reading lovethegame responses, call me crazy but it sure seems like it’s personal, like, I didn’t get the job personal. Neither here nor there, coach Richards is the coach and I wish her the best of luck with the Vikings.

Sorry for the disappointment. I do know both gentlemen, but I'm not them.
Last edited by lovethegame on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lovethegame

Postby hoopsisme » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 pm

I can guarantee that at least 2 teams get to the cross center that are very average. I would think that as long as teams stay healthy the following teams get in
Winslow
MDI
Hermon
Presque Isle
John Bapst
Probably Oceanside
Then. Who's next
8 get in and there are several young teams.
Should be quite a scramble
hoopsisme

Postby TheSandman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:31 pm

Honestly - I don't know why my name is coming up at this point. The ship has sailed and I am quite content coaching my 6th and 7th grade boys at Caribou Middle School.

I appreciate all the kids who have played for me in the past and their efforts - and I appreciate the parents who by in large were supportive of me and the things I do for County basketball. I learned a long time ago these things are not personal and while I appreciate those who felt it should have gone my way - I want this thread to move on. I know I have.

I am a Caribou hoops fan and Kayla has my support and best wishes.

Brian Massey
TheSandman

Postby county hoopster » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:44 pm

It’s just very strange that Whoever your “friend “ is, he or she sure knows a lot about you and even knows your plan you had for coaching the team. Hmmm. But like you said, let’s all move on.
county hoopster

Postby TheSandman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Thank you.

I am going to ask Tom to remove the thread -I don't need the grief.
TheSandman

Postby lovethegame » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:17 pm

I believe that this is a good thread, and that states like Maine need more discussions such as these. Discussions like these are important for many reasons, but mostly because it brings to light how ugly certain things can get, even something as small as high school athletics. It also draws views to these boards as people are interested in what's going on and might have something to contribute.

However, in light of that, I have gone through and edited almost all of my longer, more questionable posts. If the others wish to do so also that is their choice. But I don't think all of these posts, or even the entire thread for that matter, needs to be deleted. Some of this stuff needs to be discussed whether on a sports forum, high in the stands at games, or around the kitchen table. We should all be able to have civilized discussions without getting worked up in a frenzy because someone might not like or accept another person's post. Just my opinion. I've cleaned my end up though.
lovethegame

Re: Top Teams: Class B: (Standings Dec-17)

Postby county hoopster » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:26 pm

It’s early, but don’t let Caribou’s 1-2 record distract anyone. They lost to a very good Hermon team in Hermon , beat Ft.Kent, and from what I watch online of yesterday’s game, they let that one slip away by 2 pts to MCI. They have a leader in Herbert, and a sophomore center who once she figures things out will be dominant. The rest of the players have to do their rolls as well. I see them going at least .500 if they can cut down turn overs and get the ball up the court faster. .500 not that great you say? Well after winning 22 games total the last several years I’d say that’s improvement. We shall see. Have a great day everyone.
county hoopster

Postby lovethegame » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Oh my! Overwhelming, zealous, punches to the gut. Obviously directed at me. No worries. I take it all in good banter and fun. I, too, took in the MCI/Caribou game. Although I will give Caribou their due diligence, as they did play well in streaks, they hurt themselves with point blank layups and poor shot selection that were rushed a lot. Herbert will be very good by next year if she can stay injury free. The big girl will definitely help them out a lot by the end of the season once she gets accustomed to their new style of play. However, I do believe that even though that game was in Caribou's own hands at the end, MCI allowed them to keep hanging around. MCI got up by 7 or 8 a couple times and kept looking to pull away. Their diamond-and-one press hindered them as much as it helped them. I think you'll see a different game at MCI or if these two were to meet on a neutral court. Either way, the season is early and things will change within one games' time.

Now, I will admit that Caribou most likely probably has more than 3 or 4 wins in them. Yet, I'm just not seeing a .500 record like you county hoopster. Looking at their schedule, please let us know which games you project will get them to a 9-9 record? Who do you see them beating? The good thing about healpoints is that you don't even need to win a lot of games to finish in a prelim spot. The Fort Kent girls are going to win a lot of games, and because of that Caribou will get residual points from them all season helping them out with their TI. So even if FK beats Caribou the next time they meet, Caribou is still going to get points from that game. Caribou could finish with 5 or 6 wins and potentially finish in the 11/12 seed because the teams they'll have beaten will be worth enough points to put them up that high. After watching them yesterday I will now say that they could potentially win 6 or 7 games, which could get them one of the final two preliminary spots. Also, I could see them playing well at home and struggling on the road. But I'm not seeing 9 wins. Where are you seeing them? Just curious.
lovethegame

Postby county hoopster » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Sorry, not directed towards anyone in particular. Any given team can be beaten. You know this. I don’t know what teams, Im just being optimistic, crazy? Maybe. And Herbert is a senior this year. She’s going to have to be in every game for them to have a chance. Get a couple of more W’s and some confidence and see what happens.
county hoopster

Postby Sean Stackhouse » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Never found out why they took 2 points from MCI off the board at halftime... Watched the WHOU broadcast twice and definitely accounted for 29 points. All I could think about the entire time as Caribou was hanging around was "man if this is a close game and MCI loses..." Almost your worst fear in a regular season game come true.
Sean Stackhouse

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur