Play-off thread: Class B

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Play-off thread: Class B

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:27 am

Basketball Tournament Information

February 16-24, 2018 – North & South Quarter & Semi-Finals, Regional Championships
February 24, 2018 – Final day of practice and games for all teams not in State Championships
March 1, 2018 - Class A State Championships (Portland)
March 2, 2018 - Class AA State Championships (Portland)
March 2, 2018 – Class B State Championships (Bangor)
March 3, 2018 - Class D State Championships (Augusta)
March 3, 2018 – Class C State Championships (Augusta)

MPA Venue schedule links:
Schedule - Class AA North, AA South, A South, and B South (Portland Expo/Cross Insurance Arena)

Schedule - Class A North, and C and D South (Augusta Civic Center)

Schedule - Class B North, C North, and D North (Cross Insurance Center, Bangor)
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
User avatar
Tom Nolette
owner
 
Posts: 79986
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class B - ongoing thread

Postby Therealslimshady » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:35 pm

In the north I really like Hermon and John Bapst, especially with the new coach at JB. MDI will be challenging as well.
Therealslimshady
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class B - ongoing thread

Postby CountyCat10 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:28 pm

1.) Hermon will be tough and are ready to make a splash this year in a big way!
2.) PI still has the best player in the conference and will be near the top of the standings come tourney time!
3.) JB has loads of talent (Like the last few years) BUT can they put it together is the big question?!
4.) MDI might be the dark horse this year, strong program, good coach, MDI might surprise some teams this winter!
5.) Caribou, yes you read it correctly. Caribou with a new coach (Former Wildcat) will make some nose this winter
CountyCat10
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 am

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class B - ongoing thread

Postby hoopsisme » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Winslow figures heavily into class b. Saw the exhibition game vs Hermon last night. Hermon won but many combinations By both teams.
Agree on Caribou.
hoopsisme
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class B - ongoing thread

Postby CountyCat10 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:21 pm

hoopsisme wrote:Winslow figures heavily into class b. Saw the exhibition game vs Hermon last night. Hermon won but many combinations By both teams.
Agree on Caribou.



Thanks for the insight on Winslow, I don't know much about the KVAC this year.
CountyCat10
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 am

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class B - ongoing thread

Postby hoopsisme » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:15 pm

Winslow clearly the best b team in the kvac. Play hard, guard oriented
hoopsisme
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class B - ongoing thread

Postby lovethegame » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:52 pm

CountyCat10 wrote:1.) Hermon will be tough and are ready to make a splash this year in a big way!
2.) PI still has the best player in the conference and will be near the top of the standings come tourney time!
3.) JB has loads of talent (Like the last few years) BUT can they put it together is the big question?!
4.) MDI might be the dark horse this year, strong program, good coach, MDI might surprise some teams this winter!
5.) Caribou, yes you read it correctly. Caribou with a new coach (Former Wildcat) will make some nose this winter


5.) Caribou, yes you read it correctly. Caribou with a new coach (Former Wildcat) will make some nose this winter


:? Ummmm........really??? :shock: Did you watch any of their games last year? Did you follow them this past summer? Have you seen their schedule this year? Did a couple of new student transfer in that can score 20+ ppg each and know how to play man-to-man defense? If not, then I do believe that Caribou is in for another long winter.

Not trying to put the Caribou girls team down, just pointing out a fact that you don't go from barely being able to beat other bad teams and only winning 4/5 games a season over the past couple of years to a top 5 team. It just doesn't happen like that, especially with girls basketball. This is definitely going to be another rebuilding year where they're going to take a lot of lumps. Hopefully though, they'll show improvement every game and be better by the end of the season. Looking at their schedule I see them winning around 3 games. Maybe 4 if a traveling team has an off night from the long ride. And there will be another factor that plays into this whole situation. Everybody on here that's familiar with the girl's basketball situation at Caribou are all thinking about it, yet no one has said anything. Who's really going to be in charge? Will Coach Richards step up, take the reigns, and not be pushed around by an all male athletic staff, or will her own head strong JV coach try to run things from behind the curtain? Don't know why the JV coach didn't apply to get the position in the first place? If Coach Richards is allowed to grow as a coach, learn from her mistakes, and build a team over the next 3 or 4 years then things might work themselves out. However, I find all of that to be highly unlikely, and unfortunately, I see Caribou finishing in the bottom four again. I hope I'm proven wrong.
lovethegame
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class B - ongoing thread

Postby Lwyrup » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:45 pm

lovethegame wrote:
CountyCat10 wrote:1.) Hermon will be tough and are ready to make a splash this year in a big way!
2.) PI still has the best player in the conference and will be near the top of the standings come tourney time!
3.) JB has loads of talent (Like the last few years) BUT can they put it together is the big question?!
4.) MDI might be the dark horse this year, strong program, good coach, MDI might surprise some teams this winter!
5.) Caribou, yes you read it correctly. Caribou with a new coach (Former Wildcat) will make some nose this winter


5.) Caribou, yes you read it correctly. Caribou with a new coach (Former Wildcat) will make some nose this winter


:? Ummmm........really??? :shock: Did you watch any of their games last year? Did you follow them this past summer? Have you seen their schedule this year? Did a couple of new student transfer in that can score 20+ ppg each and know how to play man-to-man defense? If not, then I do believe that Caribou is in for another long winter.

Not trying to put the Caribou girls team down, just pointing out a fact that you don't go from barely being able to beat other bad teams and only winning 4/5 games a season over the past couple of years to a top 5 team. It just doesn't happen like that, especially with girls basketball. This is definitely going to be another rebuilding year where they're going to take a lot of lumps. Hopefully though, they'll show improvement every game and be better by the end of the season. Looking at their schedule I see them winning around 3 games. Maybe 4 if a traveling team has an off night from the long ride. And there will be another factor that plays into this whole situation. Everybody on here that's familiar with the girl's basketball situation at Caribou are all thinking about it, yet no one has said anything. Who's really going to be in charge? Will Coach Richards step up, take the reigns, and not be pushed around by an all male athletic staff, or will her own head strong JV coach try to run things from behind the curtain? Don't know why the JV coach didn't apply to get the position in the first place? If Coach Richards is allowed to grow as a coach, learn from her mistakes, and build a team over the next 3 or 4 years then things might work themselves out. However, I find all of that to be highly unlikely, and unfortunately, I see Caribou finishing in the bottom four again. I hope I'm proven wrong.


Caught them this summer down at Chills and ltg’s assessment of the males around the bench were trying to run the show during the game and one was particularly vocal as to what was going on ,on the court during the game. Not good ! But he will have to keep his seat during the season.
But I will give them an outside chance to sniff the 10-15 positions
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:44 am

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class B - ongoing thread

Postby Therealslimshady » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:24 am

Who are the males on the bench?
Therealslimshady
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class B - ongoing thread

Postby CountyCat10 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:53 am

lovethegame wrote:
CountyCat10 wrote:1.) Hermon will be tough and are ready to make a splash this year in a big way!
2.) PI still has the best player in the conference and will be near the top of the standings come tourney time!
3.) JB has loads of talent (Like the last few years) BUT can they put it together is the big question?!
4.) MDI might be the dark horse this year, strong program, good coach, MDI might surprise some teams this winter!
5.) Caribou, yes you read it correctly. Caribou with a new coach (Former Wildcat) will make some nose this winter


5.) Caribou, yes you read it correctly. Caribou with a new coach (Former Wildcat) will make some nose this winter


:? Ummmm........really??? :shock: Did you watch any of their games last year? Did you follow them this past summer? Have you seen their schedule this year? Did a couple of new student transfer in that can score 20+ ppg each and know how to play man-to-man defense? If not, then I do believe that Caribou is in for another long winter.

Not trying to put the Caribou girls team down, just pointing out a fact that you don't go from barely being able to beat other bad teams and only winning 4/5 games a season over the past couple of years to a top 5 team. It just doesn't happen like that, especially with girls basketball. This is definitely going to be another rebuilding year where they're going to take a lot of lumps. Hopefully though, they'll show improvement every game and be better by the end of the season. Looking at their schedule I see them winning around 3 games. Maybe 4 if a traveling team has an off night from the long ride. And there will be another factor that plays into this whole situation. Everybody on here that's familiar with the girl's basketball situation at Caribou are all thinking about it, yet no one has said anything. Who's really going to be in charge? Will Coach Richards step up, take the reigns, and not be pushed around by an all male athletic staff, or will her own head strong JV coach try to run things from behind the curtain? Don't know why the JV coach didn't apply to get the position in the first place? If Coach Richards is allowed to grow as a coach, learn from her mistakes, and build a team over the next 3 or 4 years then things might work themselves out. However, I find all of that to be highly unlikely, and unfortunately, I see Caribou finishing in the bottom four again. I hope I'm proven wrong.



Very accurate assessment! I guess I'm on the "wishful thinking" part of the ball here. I really think Coach Richards can be a great coach and I wish her the best of luck
CountyCat10
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 am

Next

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests