Ashland hires new girls basketball coach

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Postby WAGM » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:58 am

A familiar face will be back on the sidelines in Ashland.
Ben Lothrop has been named the new girls basketball coach.
Lothrop is no stranger to the program. He coached the Hornets from 1996 to 2005. In 2005 the Hornets lost to Lee Academy in the Class D Regional Championship game. Lothrop also served as Ashland Athletic Director for 2 years and was an Assistant Principal at Mattanawcook and at Van Buren. He replaces Whitney Flint who stepped down earlier this year.The Hornets lost in the quarterfinals in February.

http://www.wagmtv.com/content/sports/As ... 60753.html
WAGM

Re: Ashland hires new girls basketball coach

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:19 am

Lothrop back as Hornet girls hoop coach

...Lothrop, 47, was involved in education for 20 years as a teacher and administrator, with stops at Limestone, Ashland, Mattanawcook Academy in Lincoln and Van Buren, and is now the human resources manager at Maibec Lumber in Masardis.

“While I have enjoyed my new job at the mill, I have missed working with the kids and the school atmosphere,” said Lothrop, who resides in Ashland. “When I heard there was an opening, I approached the school administration with my interest and I’m glad it worked out.

“Whitney did a great job getting the girls back to Bangor and I hope to build on that success and continue moving the program forward,” he added.

Lothrop is a 1988 graduate of Ashland Community High School and holds a bachelor’s degree in education from the University of Maine at Presque Isle and a master’s degree in educational administration from the University of Maine at Orono.

http://thecounty.me/2017/11/21/sports/l ... oop-coach/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur