Phelps steps back onto MDI, Bowdoin courts

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:44 am

BAR HARBOR — A former Trojan standout is set to help coach a group of future Trojans next month at the Future Trojans Basketball Camp at Mount Desert Island High School from July 10-14.

MDI High School Class of 2011 alumna Megan Phelps will return to her old stomping grounds along with boys’ varsity Head Coach Justin Norwood to guide elementary and middle school girls during an intensive weeklong camp.

Phelps, who recently was hired as the assistant coach of the Bowdoin College women’s basketball team, said helping out at the camp has been something she looks forward to every year.

“Every year since I graduated [from MDI High School], I’ve come back, and it’s one of my favorite weeks of the summer,” she said. “I love being a college basketball coach, but I am partial to the younger kids because there is something really special about having a kid come to camp and introducing them to the game and how fun it is and to see them get so excited when they shoot a layup.”

The camp is run by Acadian Youth Sports and headed up by Norwood. Current Trojans from the MDI High School basketball teams also will assist.

http://www.mdislander.com/sports/phelps ... oin-courts
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur