Cheverus names Gary Fifield new coach

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Cheverus names Gary Fifield new coach

Postby 4 Flat 4 Life » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:54 am

Now that the parents have run another coach out, who will be next?
4 Flat 4 Life

Re: Cheverus

Postby LennyH » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:44 pm

BIG NEWS - Here, from what I have heard former USM Coach Gary Fifield will be taking over at Cheverus. That's quite a pick up for Cheverus, reminiscent of when Coach Brown took over there for the boys program.
LennyH

Postby mainebasketballguy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:02 pm

Well, well, well...so much to say about this one. I watched a number of Cheverus girls games over the past two years and I am shocked by what has transpired. Cheverus proves again that it is being controlled by the almighty dollar. There is absolutely no reason for his dismissal. Someone would have heard something by now if the reason was legitimate. A couple of disgruntled parents, whose kids probably aren't nearly as good as daddy thinks, but they have the power and money to make things happen. I won't name him in this forum, but I've never been very impressed by the Cheverus AD, and it seems he has proven my suspicions true. And now Coach Fifield might be on his way? Come on! This is bad. Congrats to you Cheverus parents who were behind this. Well done. I'm sure your daughters will find out very quickly that Coach Huntington was on to something and that maybe he was playing the other girls for a reason. Be careful what you wish for...
mainebasketballguy

Postby hoopsisme » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:30 am

If in fact Coach Fifield is going to be the new coach, that is a good thing. I have zero knowledge about why the change is being made I do know this. Gary is an outstanding coach. My daughters played for him. He had success by teaching, outworking teams. Success did not happen because he listened to parents. Players will have to earn time through his eyes, not through mommy, daddy, Grammy , grampy, etc. A few of you may be in for a rude awakening. I refer to that as the truth!!! Good luck Lady Stags
hoopsisme

Postby ExpoEddie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:26 pm

While I have not had a chance to catch up with Steve since he stepped aside, past conversations with him sometimes hinted he was not real happy coaching there. When John told me he was the choice to replace Richie, I said that I thought he would be a 10 year coach with much success. Will not find a nicer person/role model. We scrimmaged each other first couple of years and I thought Steve was solid. Kids played hard and appeared to enjoy his style of play. While I saw them play this year a few times, someone must of felt the team under performed. He will rebound somewhere, but I say he moves back to boys.
ExpoEddie

Cheverus coach

Postby Hoops37 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:10 am

What's going on with the Cheverus girls basketball job?? Rumor is Coach Huntington is out and a new coaxh is in???..
Hoops37

Re: Cheverus coach

Postby lovethegame » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Hoops37 wrote:What's going on with the Cheverus girls basketball job?? Rumor is Coach Huntington is out and a new coaxh is in???..

Really? Been gone for a while Hoops? Check out the "openings" thread. Gary Fifield is the new Cheverus girls coach.
lovethegame

Postby Hoops37 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Really love the game......

It was just a question....You don't need to be a jerk...Not everyone reads every post... .
Hoops37

Postby ExpoEddie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Coach Fifield tapped Yarmouth assistant Jordan to join him. She played for him I believe. Direct hire, not posted.
ExpoEddie

Postby Hoops37 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks Expo Eddie.....Definitely going to catch a game!!
Hoops37

Next

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur