Mike Webb will not return as John Bapst's coach

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Mike Webb will not return as John Bapst's coach

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat May 20, 2017 5:04 am

Mike Webb will not return as John Bapst girls basketball coach

BANGOR - A longtime staple of basketball in Bangor will not return to his position next year.

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/19 ... ball-coach
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Mike Webb will not return as John Bapst's coach

Postby Lwyrup » Sat May 20, 2017 5:28 pm

I wonder if one of the parents, was the same one who cursed out a ref during a game, which I heard with my own ears and was told by another fan that ,that was a parent of a player on the team?
Lwyrup

Postby hoopsisme » Sat May 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Very likely!!!
hoopsisme

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun May 21, 2017 3:49 am

John Bapst replacing longtime girls basketball coach

... Webb guided the Crusaders to three regional championship game appearances during his 15 seasons and reached the semifinals twice.

“Coach Webb has done a lot for the girls basketball program and he’s done a lot for a lot of girls at John Bapst. Administratively, we felt it was time for a change,” said Sinclair.

The decision was made by Sinclair, John Bapst principal Dave Armistead and Head of School Mel MacKay.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/05/20/s ... all-coach/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Fan34 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:13 am

it seems increasingly difficult for coaches to maintain the support of administration in our world today, Parents support a sense of entitlement with their opinions and what their child"s role is on a team. It seems especially difficult for coaches from the private sector to keep every master they have happy.
I think that the fans in Presque Isle will really miss Coach Webb's visits to the county. They've certainly had some interesting interactions over the years! Maybe it is time for a change.
Fan34

Postby augie » Sun May 21, 2017 7:04 am

Wonder if the boys coach will be next? Oh wait, never mind.
augie

Postby augie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:31 am

Boys in fact will need a coach.
augie

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:54 pm

augie wrote:Boys in fact will need a coach.

augie: And an athletic director too!
bcbc55

Postby augie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:45 pm

bcbc55 wrote:

Cim, dust off that resume and make it happen. :D
augie

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:45 pm

augie wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:

Cim, dust off that resume and make it happen. :D

augie: No way, been there, done that as I left those 2 same positions... AD-Boys Basketball Coach 17 years ago in 2000 because a few members of the Board of Trustees wanted to fire one of my coaches and I did not agree so I told them that if they fired the coach that I would resign on the spot.

They fired the coach and I unhired myself right on the spot after 13 years of always having myself and the school's athletic contract of always having been backed and supported at all times.

People will say that times have changed and I respond with time is the same, a minute is still 60 seconds, 60 minutes is still an hour and so on, etc. It isn't that times have changed it is the many people that have changed in their thinking, values, ideas and of course the ever political correctness.

I don't think I would fit into today's statewide problem of many administrators listening to helicopter parents about my 4 Cardinal Rules for athlete's, coaches, AD, athlete and parent/guardian contract.

Parents/guardians had to sign that they would not contact any school personal or the athete could not participate.

4 CARDINAL RULES FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
1. playing time 2. squad selection 3. team strategy
4. other team members

Athletes could ask the coach, but not one on one, but in front of the entire team. Then ask any of the other team members if they would like to know why they are not getting minutes of playing time.

The Maine Coaches Association, the AD's Association the MIAAA and the mpa should all get together and have a standardized contract for all schools and definitely include the 4 CARDINAL RULES FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS.

HIGH SCHOOL INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETICS WERE PUT INTO THE SECONDARY CURRICULUM TO " TEACH THE LIFE LESSONS THAT CANNOT BE TAUGHT OR LEARNED IN THE ACADEMIC CLASSROOMS' in the late 19teens and early 1920's.

If you are not teaching "life lessons" then all I think you really have is high priced intramurals.

YOU CANNOT TEACH "life lessons" if parents are allowed to break anyone of the 4 CARDINAL RULES FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS.

Just my unorthodox thinking of old, FOR TODAY's athletic thinking as the only reason I went into education to coach, teach physical education and athletic administrating was TO EACH THESE IMPORTANT LIFE LESSONS.

Just my old timers opinion. Oh for the good old, old, old, days some 50 or so years ago when things were so much complicated. I can remember we didn't even have school contracts until the late 60's. Prior to that all we did was give each athlete a copy of the team rules and policies and mailed one to the parents/guardians.
bcbc55

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur