Westbrook??

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Westbrook??

Postby justwatching » Wed May 10, 2017 8:21 am

Rumor on the streets is that the Westbrook job is going to be open. Anyone know anything about this?? I haven't seen it posted anywhere!
justwatching

Re: Westbrook??

Postby lovethegame » Wed May 10, 2017 10:28 am

If this is true, what happened? Wasn't Coach Day just hired there last year? Wasn't there a big thread on this position last summer and all the Westbrook parents and supporters were like, "We want someone in there that we can trust, that the girls can learn from, and that will stay for a long time." I thought Coach Day was the answer to all of their problems? Is he moving on or was someone upset that he couldn't turn that young team around in one season? And they were very young too. Only 2 seniors and 1 junior with the rest being all sophomores and freshmen. Not much experience there. However, they did go 4-14 with a lot of close losses. Seems like there's stuff to build on.
lovethegame

Postby hoopsisme » Wed May 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Always be careful what you wish for. Water always finds it's way back over the dam!!
hoopsisme

Postby AtTheRim » Wed May 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Day is out. Not posted on serving schools as of this morning.
AtTheRim

Postby lovethegame » Wed May 10, 2017 4:59 pm

AtTheRim wrote:Day is out. Not posted on serving schools as of this morning.

Not to cause a stir, just curious as I'm sure a lot of others are, but does anyone know why? Does anyone have legitimate info on what's going on?
lovethegame

Postby Rampower15 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:34 pm

People may not like my information, but it was very accurate. Unless it was deleted, it is documented.

Day was not a good fit for Westbrook, and he did not do a very good job with the girls. I believe he resigned, but he was not going to ask back if he did not resign.

There are at least 1-2 coaches very interested in this job. It should be an easy hire, but we all know that is never the case!!
Rampower15

Postby lovethegame » Thu May 11, 2017 2:25 pm

I've heard from other coaches that Westbrook is a tough place to coach, and not just basketball, but most sports. I guess it's a tough school district to be in all together.

It's too bad that people won't give knowledgeable coaches a chance. It takes a minimum of four years for a coach to settle in and have a program truly be considered theirs. I've talked about this a couple of different times on other threads. People want instant gratification, instant wins, instant playing time, and they want everybody to like each other and get along. Well, guess what? It ain't gonna happen! There will always be disagreements, little squabbles, and not everybody is going to get along for a plethora of reasons. You could have a championship season with a 22-0 record where everybody got almost equal playing time, scoring was well spread out, and everybody got along, and after it was all said and done you would find out that there were tons of issues that went on behind the scenes, players that didn't get along, parents and administration that hated each other or didn't like the coach, etc. At some point schools need to muster up the courage and say, "NO! This is the coach that we're sticking with and that's final. You don't have to like it and you're kids don't have to play for them if it's that big of a deal to you. But this is who we hired, and this is who we're keeping!" Things will never improve at places like Westbrook until the administration and coaches start taking a stand......collectively.

I hope they find what they're looking for.......again. Summer is closing in fast and a schedule needs to be put in place soon. Plus, doesn't Westbrook hold some kind of summer tournament where they use both their gym and their middle school gym?
lovethegame

Postby Rampower15 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:25 pm

Like him or not like him, Todd Day was a bad hire!! I stated that from the beginning, and I was right in the end!! This has nothing to do with letting him establish himself! It was just a bad hire!!
Rampower15

Postby lovethegame » Fri May 12, 2017 12:39 am

I hear you Rampower. I wasn't talking about Todd Day. Personally, I don't know the guy. I was just talking about schools in general and how society as a whole has deteriorated to such a low point that a once honorable and well respected position in most schools has become a revolving door or the kind of position that people have learned to be leery of. Sad.
lovethegame

Postby Archer Bunker » Fri May 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Todd Day should have known better than to put in for that job. The whole administration in the Westbrook school system has become so soft it has effected all of their sports programs. Sad they use to be a fun team to watch.

AB
Archer Bunker

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur