Forecaster: Winter Athletes of the Year

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Forecaster: Winter Athletes of the Year

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:11 am

Forecaster: Scarborough Red Storm Girls' Winter Athlete of the Year

SOPHIE GLIDDEN, Junior-Basketball

Glidden was a standout for the Red Storm as they enjoyed a triumphant season. She came up big time and again and set the stage for what promises to be a terrific senior campaign.

Glidden grew up in Scarborough and started playing basketball at a young age. She began playing with the Firecrackers premier team in fifth grade and while she’s also played soccer in high school, basketball has brought her the greatest acclaim.

“I love the pace of basketball,” Glidden said. “It builds friendships. My teammates and coaches motivate me. I like the adrenaline and I like competing.”

http://www.theforecaster.net/scarboroug ... he-year-8/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Forecaster: Winter Athletes of the Year

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:33 am

Forecaster: Waynflete Flyers Girls' Winter Athlete of the Year

ANNIKA BROOKS, Senior—Basketball

Waynflete’s girls’ basketball team accomplished its goal of returning to Augusta and when the Flyers got there, Brooks almost led them to a stunning upset win, capping what for her was a tremendous season of stat sheet stuffing.

Brooks started playing basketball in the fourth grade and it quickly became her top sport.

“I love the game so much,” Brooks said. “I love being part of a team. I take every time on the court as something special. I love to play even when we’re losing.”

http://www.theforecaster.net/waynflete- ... he-year-8/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Forecaster: Winter Athletes of the Year

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:44 am

Forecaster: Deering Rams Girls' Winter Athlete of the Year

TASIA TITHERINGTON, Senior-Basketball

Titherington has been an integral member of Deering’s basketball team since taking the floor her freshman year, but it was as a senior that she did it all, leading the Rams to within a whisper of the state final.

Titherington grew up in Portland and started playing basketball in middle school. By her freshman season at Deering, it was clear she was one of the most talented players around as she earned a starting spot and averaged 12.1 points per game. She averaged 12.6 points per contest as a sophomore and made the SMAA third-team and as a junior, Titherington scored 13.2 points per game and again was named to the third-team.

http://www.theforecaster.net/deering-ra ... he-year-8/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur