openings

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Re: openings

Postby CountyCat10 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:56 am

C's: (2) Houlton, (2) Fort Kent, (2) Fort Fairfield, (2)Madawaska,
D's: (2) Southern Aroostook, (2) Easton, (2) Washburn, (2) Ashalnd, ................(2) Wisdom???

I know that's only 16 games (I can't think of the other two games) but thats not a bad schedule for a team moving up to class C. The have the best team in Class C (Houlton) along with 6 other class C games and they also have the best class D team on their schedule who is probably better than a lot of the other class C teams out there.

I would love to see them drop Wisdom or even Ashland and pick up a team like Stearns??

CA to Wisdom (1hr 23mins)
CA to Stearns (1hr 44min)
I think the extra 20 mins would be worth playing a fellow class c team
CountyCat10

Postby loboscountry » Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 am

CountyCat10 wrote:C's: (2) Houlton, (2) Fort Kent, (2) Fort Fairfield, (2)Madawaska,
D's: (2) Southern Aroostook, (2) Easton, (2) Washburn, (2) Ashalnd, ................(2) Wisdom???

I know that's only 16 games (I can't think of the other two games) but thats not a bad schedule for a team moving up to class C. The have the best team in Class C (Houlton) along with 6 other class C games and they also have the best class D team on their schedule who is probably better than a lot of the other class C teams out there.

I would love to see them drop Wisdom or even Ashland and pick up a team like Stearns??

CA to Wisdom (1hr 23mins)
CA to Stearns (1hr 44min)
I think the extra 20 mins would be worth playing a fellow class c team

Woodland and Shead are part of The Aroostook League this year too. Not sure how this will effect any school's schedule this winter though, but both of these schools will be playing at least 50% of their schedules against County teams. I justed looked it up Shead played Fort Kent and Hodgdon twice and Fort Fairfield and Katahdin once last year
loboscountry

Postby CountyCat10 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:46 pm

I do feel that their is some talent is that girls program who could produce a decent season with the right coach. I do feel that anything past a class c prelim game would be overachieving for sure though
CountyCat10

Postby Lebron06 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:14 am

Clause,
The county still has a few 10 year coaches still kicking round.
Gardiner: Fort Fairfield
Hudson: Presque Isle
Graham: Houlton
S.A. coach been there a while. There might be others but that is a few girls coaches that come to mind.
Lebron06

Postby Lebron06 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:15 am

Sorry, meant to say Claude
Lebron06

Postby lovethegame » Wed May 03, 2017 10:11 am

Lebron06 wrote:Clause,
The county still has a few 10 year coaches still kicking round.
Gardiner: Fort Fairfield
Hudson: Presque Isle
Graham: Houlton
S.A. coach been there a while. There might be others but that is a few girls coaches that come to mind.

The girls coach at SA is Cliff Urquhart and this was only his third year there. He should get 10 or 12 years there though. Good coach, great guy.

Has Graham been at Houlton for 10 years? Not sure about that. If not, at least 7 or 8. It has been a while.

Gardiner has been at Fort Fairfield for like 35 years. He coached the boys team for 10 or 12 years first, then switched over to girls for a long time. Don't quote me on this, but I almost think that this is also his second go around with the girls team. He might have taken a few years off and then came back, but that would have been a long time ago. Maybe someone can help me out with that? Claude? Lobocountry? Someone from the county?

On the boys side there are still several too.
lovethegame

Postby lovethegame » Fri May 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Saw Donato got accepted as the new Orono coach. Any word on applicants for Lawrence?
lovethegame

Postby wings » Sat May 06, 2017 7:13 pm

lovethegame wrote:Saw Donato got accepted as the new Orono coach. Any word on applicants for Lawrence?

No word love the game. We have to think Greg Chesley would be considered. Greg is involved with the Lawrence program from youth level to varsity.
wings

Postby Lebron06 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:52 am

I'm pretty sure Cliff has been at SA more than 3 years and I know Graham has been at Houlton for 12 or 13 years because my child played for him.
Lebron06

Postby Lwyrup » Sat May 13, 2017 3:40 pm

loboscountry wrote:Houlton can't keep a Big East Schedule , if they are no longer in the Big East. It is rumored that they have indeed added CA to their schedule next year.

Again, that is rumored, but we'll all know when one of the schools release their schedule

Houlton does not want a schedule out of the county , but FF and FK don't want to play them. One of them will play them if they lose Limestone. Houlton will pick up CA. Houlton will still play Car and PI but not any other B's.

If Limestone closes then they kids will go choice , which could include FF , Car or PI , anywhere they choose!
Lwyrup

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur