Classification

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Re: Classification

Postby dunbar » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:11 am

It's not a consolidation though, it's a school closure.
dunbar
 
Posts: 4544
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Classification

Postby lovethegame » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:25 am

dunbar wrote:It's not a consolidation though, it's a school closure.


Pretty sure it's a consolidation dunbar. Pre K - 8 is staying at Limestone. Only 9-12 is moving to Caibou, hence, a consolidation of high schools

The town is trying to pull out of the RSU, but it's not looking good. There's no way they could support themselves and I don't see Fort Fairfield willing to pick them up, especially since Tom Doak is the superintendent of both school districts. It's looking like a consolidation is eminent.
lovethegame
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Classification

Postby dunbar » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:43 am

lovethegame wrote:
dunbar wrote:It's not a consolidation though, it's a school closure.


Pretty sure it's a consolidation dunbar. Pre K - 8 is staying at Limestone. Only 9-12 is moving to Caibou, hence, a consolidation of high schools

The town is trying to pull out of the RSU, but it's not looking good. There's no way they could support themselves and I don't see Fort Fairfield willing to pick them up, especially since Tom Doak is the superintendent of both school districts. It's looking like a consolidation is eminent.


It's really not, though. There are no proposed changes to the structure at Caribou. By the state's definition, that type of restructuring is not a school consolidation.
dunbar
 
Posts: 4544
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Classification

Postby lovethegame » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:04 am

dunbar wrote:
lovethegame wrote:
dunbar wrote:It's not a consolidation though, it's a school closure.


Pretty sure it's a consolidation dunbar. Pre K - 8 is staying at Limestone. Only 9-12 is moving to Caibou, hence, a consolidation of high schools

The town is trying to pull out of the RSU, but it's not looking good. There's no way they could support themselves and I don't see Fort Fairfield willing to pick them up, especially since Tom Doak is the superintendent of both school districts. It's looking like a consolidation is eminent.


It's really not, though. There are no proposed changes to the structure at Caribou. By the state's definition, that type of restructuring is not a school consolidation.


Yes it is. They're in the same RSU. So since they're in RSU 39 together, that means that they are consolidating resources, consolidating teachers, consolidating administrations, and consolidating everything else between the two schools. Certain positions will go to staff and administration with seniority, while other positions will have to be re-applied for, while other employees will unfortunately be out of work. Whenever you go from two to one it is a consolidation if the other school is not closing or shut down(which Limestone is not). The towns and school district can pretty it up all they want and give it a fancy name so they can feel better on the inside at the end of the day, but when all is said and done, it's a consolidation.
lovethegame
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Classification

Postby dunbar » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:20 pm

Re-read the articles. There's no reference of jobs being transferred from Limestone to Caribou. This isn't a case of to schools combining to form one NEW school. It's a transfer of students from one school to another. This has happened in my district before, and it's treated as a school closure and sending the kids elsewhere, with no change in structure or identity.
dunbar
 
Posts: 4544
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Classification

Postby lovethegame » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
lovethegame
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Classification

Postby wilcox.ernest » Thu May 04, 2017 11:35 am

What does this mean for AA South?
MTA/BHS are at 818-824 for students, do they move up from A?
Greely had about 675 students, do they stay in A?
wilcox.ernest
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Re: Classification

Postby interloper » Thu May 04, 2017 6:28 pm

wilcox.ernest wrote:What does this mean for AA South?
MTA/BHS are at 818-824 for students, do they move up from A?
Greely had about 675 students, do they stay in A?

According to the enrollment figures from the spring of 2016, which are what the 17-18 and 18-19 classifications are based upon, both Brunswick and Mt. Ararat are under 800, which means that they will stay in A. Greely is safely inside the A classification cut-offs.
interloper
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:23 pm

Previous

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigticket, camo splash and 57 guests