Central: Diane Rollins resigns as coach

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Central: Diane Rollins resigns as coach

Postby Media » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:12 am

Central girls basketball coach placed on paid leave

CORINTH - Central girls basketball coach Diane Rollins has been placed on a paid leave of absence by the district, ABC 7 and Fox 22 has confirmed...

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/18 ... paid-leave
Media

Re: Central coach placed on paid leave

Postby Therealslimshady » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:45 am

Wow, another one. Coach Rollins has been at this for a long time.
Therealslimshady

Postby lovethegame » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:26 pm

This crap is getting ridiculous! As coaches, how are we going to be allowed to coach if every little thing we do to improve our teams is going to cause a stink from someone? It will be really interesting to hear what Coach Rollins did to get paid leave. Once again, like the Stearns coach, not outright fired, so something smells fishy. What happened, did the coach look at one of the players wrong? Did she tell a player that she needs to become a better ball handler or improve her shot? Did she pat her players on the back and is getting accused of inappropriate touching? What odd ball complaint is being brought forward now? I can only imagine the disgruntled parents' complaints.
lovethegame

Postby hoopsisme » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Let everything surface before passing judgement one way or another. I have no horse in this race. Every situation is different. I learned long ago to not paint with a wide brush!!
hoopsisme

Postby shirefire2 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:35 pm

WHAT HAPPENED

DID SHE PISS A PARENT OFF ?
OR MORE SERIOUS
shirefire2

Postby Media » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 am

... “Until further notice, I am the varsity coach, and that’s all I know,” said Allen.

“I’m going to do the best I can and try to make the best of it and help us get through it,” she added.

Call was the head coach of Central’s 2015-16 Penquis League Middle School “A” championship team, and Allen was her assistant.

Two of the players on the team are Allen’s daughters: Junior point guard Sydney Allen and freshman guard Abi Allen.

Sue Allen is a former Central High School star who went on to captain the Husson University basketball team. She was inducted into the Husson University Hall of Fame in 2009.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/01/30/s ... ive-leave/
Media

Postby thebam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:37 pm

I have 2 friends, in Corinth, who I trust implicitly. They are telling me that there was some sort of shoving of a player involved in this. In practice I believe. Take it for what it's worth, but they both told me the same thing independently of each other this morning.
thebam

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:45 am

Rollins Reinstated as Central Girls Basketball Coach After Paid Administrative Leave

Central high school basketball coach Diane Rollins has been reinstated. Rollins had been on paid administrative leave. Parents of players told us that there had been a pushing incident at a practice last week.

Rollins missed three games during the investigation. She has been coaching at the school for more than 20 years.

http://wabi.tv/2017/02/02/rollins-reins ... ive-leave/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:02 am

Central reinstates girls basketball coach Diane Rollins

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/18 ... ne-rollins
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:29 am

... Central High School of Corinth girls basketball coach Diane Rollins, who was placed on paid administrative leave last Friday afternoon for an undisclosed reason, has been reinstated.

“It is effective today,” said RSU/MSAD 64 Superintendent of Schools Rhonda Sperry on Thursday morning.

“Any concerns that were raised have been addressed. We will be moving forward,” said Sperry, who wouldn’t elaborate further about the situation.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/02/02/s ... einstated/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur