Congratulations! WMC Coach of the Year

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Re: Congratulations! WMC Coach of the Year

Postby HoopHopeful » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 pm

It was more about the things we didn’t do right, and what we needed to work on. It was not disrespectful. I’ve had a very good relationship with both Joel and Todd. In fact, I communicate with Joel frequently to this day. I consider Todd a friend and understood all that he was dealing with. As a coach, I never had an issue with a parent respectfully talking about strategy, opponents strengths, weaknesses etc. We all have a vested interest in succeeding

augie wrote:
HoopHopeful wrote:YVW, I remember AD’s Fresh & soph year, we lost to York & Brunswick, games we could have won. At the time, I didn’t send a very nice email to Todd or Joel and for which I’ve later apologized. !

you really sent a negative email to the coach because they lost?[/quote]
HoopHopeful

Postby ExpoEddie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:30 pm

I have nothing but fond memories of HoopHopeful and all the Greely parents. The emails I remember were from me explaining how I thought AD was getting better and my decision to not play her at the 1 was best for that team and in the long run. Learning what it took to move without the ball and timing of pass delivery she learned best from having to do it and receiving it.

The game at York was one for the ages, 66-63 I think. Todd banks a 3 off broken play in front of Coach Clarke. York fans delayed me getting on the bus to talk about what a great game to watch. If I could of figured out how to stop Smedley, we go to State's. She torched me her junior and senior years. I needed to only look in the mirror to assess the coaching shortcomings.
ExpoEddie

Postby HoopHopeful » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:48 pm

I remeber thinking it was crazy not having AD at the point, never said anything. Looking back, she grew the most that year having to learn how to score not having the ball in her hand. I always had your back, regardless of game outcomes. York, was better than us and made more plays
HoopHopeful

Previous

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur