NYA

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

NYA

Postby interloper » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Hoffer just tweeted out that NYA will not apply up to A and will remain in C.
interloper

Re: NYA

Postby lovethegame » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm

interloper wrote:Hoffer just tweeted out that NYA will not apply up to A and will remain in C.

Was there some talk of NYA applying up to Class A since they took in a bunch of MGA's girls? If they think they can play up but don't want to jump up to A, why not apply up to B?
lovethegame

Postby LennyH » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:55 am

My guess is the "exception" to petition up would have only had a chance, if they went to A and could fill the schedule gaps caused by MGA pulling out of the 2nd year of a 2 year schedule. It would have made an easy adjustment to schedules. They had little chance as it was, with it being a 2nd year in the cycle, but at least it would have made sense. The hand writing on the wall was it wasn't going to happen either way.
LennyH

Postby interloper » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:43 am

When a school applies up doesn't the other gender have to apply up as well. I know that lacrosse is an exception to this rule, but I believe that is the rule in most sports. I thought that is one of the reasons why the Lawrence girls and Hampden boys did not apply up in the 15-16 school year.
interloper

Postby dunbar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:15 pm

interloper wrote:I thought that is one of the reasons why the Lawrence girls and Hampden boys did not apply up in the 15-16 school year.

That and not wanting to have a school in Somerset and Penobscot counties, respectively, play a AA schedule.
dunbar

Postby ExpoEddie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:43 pm

It has been significantly overestimated the impact of the transfers. One went to PHS. One to Yarmouth and one back to Greely. NYA girls basketball has never one a regional title and not sure if they ever played one. Seems to me to be a prudent idea of having some sustained success at current classification before jumping up. The program needs to stabilize itself as Seth was doing and then scan the horizon. Could be wrong, but don't see them at the level of GNG, LR & Wells at the B level. Plus, Bill Goodman as good as it gets and he got everything from his players.
ExpoEddie

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur