Coaching Legend Dies

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Coaching Legend Dies

Postby frankj » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:57 am

I am some what surprised that no one posted the news that a coaching and sports legend, Arnold Clark, passed away last week. I have copied the beginning portion of a fine article by Ernie Clark of the BDN. If you would like to read the whole article go to bangordailynews.com:
"By Ernie Clark, BDN Staff • August 30, 2018 11:19 pm
Updated: August 31, 2018 10:59 am
Arnold Clark, who coached teams at Calais High School and neighboring Woodland High School to more than 400 victories during his 32 years as a varsity basketball coach, was being remembered Thursday for his competitive spirit and impact on Down East youngsters.

Clark died Wednesday, and while he had been in declining health recently no cause of death has been made public. He was 73..."
frankj

Re: Coaching Legend Dies

Postby dukefan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Arnold was a good friend of mine, and one of the best teachers and coaches around. Calais will not be the same without him. He did a lot of good for our community and the youth in it.
dukefan

Re: Coaching Legend Dies

Postby frankj » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Dukefan,
I always knew that my Raider teams had to be ready to play when we stepped on the floor to meet one of Arnold's teams. He always treated my players and me well. We had limited success against him but I also respected his ability to have his players execute his game plan.
Washington County and the Calais/Baileyville area will miss him greatly.

Coach Frank Johnson
frankj

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur