girls state games

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

girls state games

Postby Hoops37 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:59 pm

Are the girls Class A and AA state games on tv ????
Hoops37

Re: girls state games

Postby hoopsisme » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Yes. Mpbn covering all 5 classes.
hoopsisme

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Hoops37 wrote:Are the girls Class A and AA state games on tv ????

Hoops37:

Thursday Class A CIA
Friday Class AA Portland CIA Class B Bangor CIC
Saturday Class C and Class D Augusta ACC

Saturday UMaine women Portland CIA
bcbc55

Postby davido38fan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Here's hoping Nick Pelotte is part of the MPBN broadcast team..
davido38fan

Postby frenchlick33 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Yes......I second that. And Cheever is not
frenchlick33

Postby lovethegame » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:27 pm

frenchlick33 wrote:Yes......I second that. And Cheever is not

Wouldn't doubt if Cheever is the lead commentator and Pelotte is the color commentator, at least for two of the five games.
lovethegame

Postby wings » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:20 am

Brenda Beckwith on color comes to mind on the girls side. Lenny Holmes is great on color, don’t know if he’ll work MPBN, probably not Gorham-EL game ;)

On boys side, definitely Nick Pelotte. Brandon Terill(sp)has amped up his game on color, he worked the ACC for most part but landed in Portland late in tourney for NSN. My guess for B boys in Bangor would be Brent Stevens on PxP and Ken Lindlof on color. John Coughlin was super in color in AA boys from Portland this year. Remember when John introduced Maine basketball fans to the pealess whistle from the ACC floor almost a quarter century ago?...He was young(er) and energized then :) Hope I’m not mistaken...I think it’s same John Coughlin :?:

Cheever is an MPBN staple bringing high school basketball to Mainah’s, he’ll definitely be in the picture.
wings

Postby frenchlick33 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:07 am

Remove the staple....please
frenchlick33

Postby BrazilianShenanigan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:23 pm

wings wrote:Brenda Beckwith on color comes to mind on the girls side. Lenny Holmes is great on color, don’t know if he’ll work MPBN, probably not Gorham-EL game ;)

On boys side, definitely Nick Pelotte. Brandon Terill(sp)has amped up his game on color, he worked the ACC for most part but landed in Portland late in tourney for NSN. My guess for B boys in Bangor would be Brent Stevens on PxP and Ken Lindlof on color. John Coughlin was super in color in AA boys from Portland this year. Remember when John introduced Maine basketball fans to the pealess whistle from the ACC floor almost a quarter century ago?...He was young(er) and energized then :) Hope I’m not mistaken...I think it’s same John Coughlin :?:

Cheever is an MPBN staple bringing high school basketball to Mainah’s, he’ll definitely be in the picture.

Yeah, Cheever needs to get the boot. He's by far the weakest broadcaster that MPBN puts forth.

Estrada was great, Toby Nelson is terrific, Brent Stephens gets it done. The color announcers all did a great job. NSN had great talent. Watched Bangor for the most part since I went to Orono and live downstate now but love watching it every year. Nelson/Carmicheal(sp?) were a strong duo. Augusta was just as good, didn't watch Portland at all.
BrazilianShenanigan

Postby bdogpride8 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Cheever lacks in basketball knowledge, goes against the grain of his partner and discusses inappropriate topics on live tv. For example, one of his partners had recently got a new job. Bringing that up on air was uncomfortable and never should have been mentioned.
bdogpride8

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur