Gorham - Scarborough

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Re: Gorham - Scarborough

Postby BBOCFAN » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:04 pm

HH / Lenny,
Sounds like you two losers are disagreeing over interpretation of words. To make sure you get the joke, both of you mentioned losing when it counted. I know, not as funny as Jake From State Farm, but my best effort of having some fun. I do agree with Lenny about a player / team that wins a title typically doesn’t look back at a loss. Doesn’t matter if perfect season, title trumps all. Good luck to both teams.
BBOCFAN

Postby LennyH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:17 pm

BBOCFAN wrote:HH / Lenny,
Sounds like you two losers are disagreeing over interpretation of words. To make sure you get the joke, both of you mentioned losing when it counted.

:lol: :lol: .... I didn't get the joke at first, but after reading again I got the joke and laughed out loud - that was a good one!! (and very appropriate)
LennyH

Postby BBOCFAN » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 pm

I’m glad I pointed out it was a joke instead of leave to interpretation. I don’t know either of you and mean no harm. There is no way I’d take this approach unless kidding around. Enjoy the game! Many more great games to come for both of these teams as the season progresses.
BBOCFAN

Postby Hendu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Lenny - I did miss 'almost' - dumb of me. Sorry.

Should be a great game and atmosphere and I can't wait to find out more about it as I mentioned and I would love to know if what I stated about tempo, match-ups, etc. was correct or not.

Good luck to both teams.
Hendu

Postby mainebasketballguy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:21 pm

I like Gorham tonight. I think Scarborough may get exposed, even at home.
mainebasketballguy

Postby bogeygolf » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:17 pm

Wow... so much for all the hype that surrounded this game. Not even close...
bogeygolf

Postby LennyH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Yeah this one never materialized after the first minutes of the game. Scarborough was pretty intent on making sure Gorham didn't beat them from the interior, packing it in and sometimes not even guarding Gorham perimeter players. Strategy worked early as Gorham was up 11-8, before going on 14-0 run to finish the half up 25-8. Key during this stretch were 2 - 3 pointers by Gorham's Sophomore Courtney Brent and Esposito being given way too much space.

2nd Half Gorham went to full court pressure and Scarborough could not respond and the Lady Rams led 45-13 and this one was never in doubt. Certainly Scarborough is a much better team than they showed tonight, it was just a bad match up for the Storm.

Gorham is half way to another undefeated regular season at 9-0. At this point one thing is apparent - to beat the Lady Rams your going to have to shoot the ball well, teams like Greely and TA on Tuesday showed this. Gorham's interior defense is simply to strong, they are averaging double digit block shots and if your offense is built from the inside out, it will be a battle.
LennyH

Postby Media » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:38 am

Media

Postby Media » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:46 am

Gorham dominates Scarborough in battle of unbeatens

SCARBOROUGH—Gorham’s girls’ basketball team isn’t satisfied.

And that spells trouble for everyone who crosses the Rams’ path.

Scarborough was Gorham’s unwitting victim Wednesday evening in a highly anticipated showdown between unbeaten squads at Alumni Gymnasium, as the Rams, coming off what they felt was a lackluster effort, made a powerful statement.

Less than 24 hours after holding off host Thornton Academy, 60-52, Gorham effectively put this one away by halftime.

http://www.theforecaster.net/gorham-dom ... unbeatens/
Media

Postby Media » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:01 am

... “It was a result of (Tuesday) night,” said Emily Esposito, the senior captain for Gorham, referring to a 60-52 win over Thornton Academy.

“It was a close game and we played awful defense. It’s good to have one of those close games. We can’t go into games thinking we’re all that and we need to know teams are going to give us their best shot. We need to respond better and I think we did that tonight.”

The result was a smothering defense that not only included 15 blocked shots and 12 steals, but limited Scarborough (7-1) to seven field goals in the game.

The Red Storm at one point went more than 11 minutes without a basket in a 32-minute game. Their only points in that stretch were two free throws in the second quarter.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/01/11/g ... efeated-2/
Media

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (Girls): Maine High School & Amateur